New mail different colour

Martha, Peter
Don't know if it's implemented or not, but i would like to see new mails
highlighted with different (selectable) colour not just with bold
formatting.

Peter

Re: New mail different colour

Matt Nordhoff
On 11/02/05 08:45, Martha, Peter wrote:
> Don't know if it's implemented or not, but i would like to see new mails
> highlighted with different (selectable) colour not just with bold
> formatting.
>
> Peter

Unread mail? You could do that with something in userChrome.css. I have
no idea what, since Thunderbird doesn't include the DOM Inspector,
though....
--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)

Matt Nordhoff wrote:

> Unread mail? You could do that with something in userChrome.css. I have
> no idea what, since Thunderbird doesn't include the DOM Inspector,
> though....

I don't have any idea either. Does anybody know what property should be
set to change the color of new mails in the message and folder list? To
have it bold is simply not enough for me :-(
Tnx.

Re: New mail different colour

Lewis Rosenthal
On 11/07/2005 05:03 pm, Martha, Peter thus wrote :

> Matt Nordhoff wrote:
>
>> Unread mail? You could do that with something in userChrome.css. I
>> have no idea what, since Thunderbird doesn't include the DOM
>> Inspector, though....
>
> I don't have any idea either. Does anybody know what property should be
> set to change the color of new mails in the message and folder list? To
> have it bold is simply not enough for me :-(
> Tnx.
Check out http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/#UnreadColour

HTH

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE

Lewis Rosenthal wrote:
> Check out http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/#UnreadColour

Thanks a lot! Another question if i may ask: can i change the color in
the folder pane also?

Tnx.

On 11/14/2005 09:45 am, Martha, Peter thus wrote :
> Lewis Rosenthal wrote:
>> Check out http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/#UnreadColour
>
> Thanks a lot! Another question if i may ask: can i change the color in
> the folder pane also?
>
> Tnx.
Sorry for the late reply! I plum forgot to check back on this ng...

Background color in the folderpane, eh? Hmmm...

Check out http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/#BackgroundColours

That should give you what you want.

Good luck, Peter!

Lewis Rosenthal wrote:

> On 11/14/2005 09:45 am, Martha, Peter thus wrote :
>> Lewis Rosenthal wrote:
>>> Check out http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/#UnreadColour
>>
>> Thanks a lot! Another question if i may ask: can i change the color in
>> the folder pane also?
>>
>> Tnx.
> Sorry for the late reply! I plum forgot to check back on this ng...
>
> Background color in the folderpane, eh? Hmmm...
>
> Check out http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/#BackgroundColours
>
> That should give you what you want.
>
> Good luck, Peter!

Thank you, I surely wrote wrong. I'd like to change the color of the
folder name and not the whole pane's background. So the name of the
folder containing new messages should be colored.

Thx.

On 11/28/2005 09:24 am, Martha, Peter thus wrote :
> Lewis Rosenthal wrote:
>> On 11/14/2005 09:45 am, Martha, Peter thus wrote :
<snip>

>>> Thanks a lot! Another question if i may ask: can i change the color
>>> in the folder pane also?
>>>
>>> Tnx.
>> Sorry for the late reply! I plum forgot to check back on this ng...
>>
>> Background color in the folderpane, eh? Hmmm...

<snip>

> Thank you, I surely wrote wrong. I'd like to change the color of the
> folder name and not the whole pane's background. So the name of the
> folder containing new messages should be colored.

;-) No problem, Peter. Interesting that Chris doesn't have a hack for
this on his site (I'll send him a note). Try the following; adjust the
color value to taste:

/* Change the thread pane text color. */
#folderTree > .tree-rows > .tree-bodybox {
   color: #99ffff !important;
}

Enjoy!

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
   New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com
Novell Users International        www.novell.com/linux/truth
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?               www.hautspot.com

Re: New mail different colour

Lewis Rosenthal
On 11/28/2005 09:24 am, Martha, Peter thus wrote :
<snip>

> Thank you, I surely wrote wrong. I'd like to change the color of the
> folder name and not the whole pane's background. So the name of the
> folder containing new messages should be colored.

Oops... My turn to not read thoroughly! Try this:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1888526

Lewis Rosenthal wrote:

> On 11/28/2005 09:24 am, Martha, Peter thus wrote :
> <snip>
>
>> Thank you, I surely wrote wrong. I'd like to change the color of the
>> folder name and not the whole pane's background. So the name of the
>> folder containing new messages should be colored.
>>
> Oops... My turn to not read thoroughly! Try this:
>
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1888526

Great! Many thanks! :-)
Peter