New Project: WebThings Gateway ready for localization

New Project: WebThings Gateway ready for localization

Peiying Mo
Hello Localizers,

We are excited to announce this new project: WebThings Gateway
<https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/webthings-gateway/>.

*What is WebThings Gateway?*

The Mozilla WebThings is an open platform for monitoring and controlling
devices over the web. It is a software distribution for smart home gateways
focused on privacy, security and interoperability. Essentially, it is a
smart home platform for bridging new and existing Internet of Things (IoT)
devices to the web in a private and secure way.

Currently only the software is made available in Pontoon for localization.
More information can be found on the website:
https://iot.mozilla.org/. Speaking
of the website, there is a plan to make the site localizable early next
year. Stay tuned!

*Can I opt-in my language?*

Yes, all languages are welcome. A handful of communities have started
participating on GitHub before the project was set up on Pontoon. However
RTL languages will probably not be handled well at the moment.

*Where can I test my translation? Is there a staging environment?*

Only production builds are available, via https://iot.mozilla.org/gateway/.
We’re looking into pre-release builds, but do not have anything at the
moment.

This README <https://github.com/mozilla-iot/gateway/blob/master/README.md>
file shows how to build the gateway. For now, this would be the primary way
to build and test.

*What is the release cycle? When can I see my localized content on
production?*

The plan is to put out one full release per quarter. Other than that, there
is no stringent development cycle, but a 1-2 week feature-freeze/testing
period before each release.

For localized content, because there is no staging environment, it is
pushed to production right away.

Thank you,

Peiying

Re: New Project: WebThings Gateway ready for localization

fxdoge
在 2019年12月19日星期四 UTC+8上午6:50:51,Peiying Mo写道:

> Hello Localizers,
>
> We are excited to announce this new project: WebThings Gateway
> <https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/webthings-gateway/>.
>
> *What is WebThings Gateway?*
>
> The Mozilla WebThings is an open platform for monitoring and controlling
> devices over the web. It is a software distribution for smart home gateways
> focused on privacy, security and interoperability. Essentially, it is a
> smart home platform for bridging new and existing Internet of Things (IoT)
> devices to the web in a private and secure way.
>
> Currently only the software is made available in Pontoon for localization.
> More information can be found on the website:
> https://iot.mozilla.org/. Speaking
> of the website, there is a plan to make the site localizable early next
> year. Stay tuned!
>

> *Can I opt-in my language?*
>
> Yes, all languages are welcome. A handful of communities have started
> participating on GitHub before the project was set up on Pontoon. However
> RTL languages will probably not be handled well at the moment.
>

> *Where can I test my translation? Is there a staging environment?*
>
> Only production builds are available, via https://iot.mozilla.org/gateway/.
> We’re looking into pre-release builds, but do not have anything at the
> moment.
>

> This README <https://github.com/mozilla-iot/gateway/blob/master/README.md>
> file shows how to build the gateway. For now, this would be the primary way
> to build and test.
>

> *What is the release cycle? When can I see my localized content on
> production?*
>
> The plan is to put out one full release per quarter. Other than that, there
> is no stringent development cycle, but a 1-2 week feature-freeze/testing
> period before each release.
>

> For localized content, because there is no staging environment, it is
> pushed to production right away.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Peiying

Hi, We are zh-CN Team, We have sent requests for WebThings Gateway & Lockwise for iOS. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thx.