New MyYahoo Page sucks!

1234 ... 7

New MyYahoo Page sucks!

WaltS-2
Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
feedback.

It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Ron Hunter
On 9/21/2013 2:55 PM, WaltS wrote:
> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
> feedback.
>
> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.
Well, I am back on the old page, and when/if they go the new one, I am
GONE from there forever.  Another case of feed the masses what you want
them to eat, and they WILL be happy.  NOT.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

WaltS-2
On 09/21/2013 05:19 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 9/21/2013 2:55 PM, WaltS wrote:
>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>> feedback.
>>
>> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.
> Well, I am back on the old page, and when/if they go the new one, I am
> GONE from there forever.  Another case of feed the masses what you want
> them to eat, and they WILL be happy.  NOT.

Not to mention my local newspaper is going to start charging $9.95 a
month for web content on October 1st.

Non-subscribers will get access to a limited number of stories each
month on the website.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty
WaltS wrote:

> Not to mention my local newspaper is going to start charging $9.95 a
> month for web content on October 1st.
>
> Non-subscribers will get access to a limited number of stories each
> month on the website.

My local paper did the same thing at the beginning of the year. I disable
JavaScript and access is unfettered. You may need to delete cookies
frequently as well. Some things may not work.

Mine uses a standard nationwide template, so yours may as well. It's a
Gannett newspaper.

--
   -bts

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
WaltS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
> feedback.

It may be the worst redesign of a major site I've ever seen.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

WaltS-2
On 09/21/2013 08:03 PM, »Q« wrote:
> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> WaltS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>> feedback.
>
> It may be the worst redesign of a major site I've ever seen.

What about the USA Today site?

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
WaltS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 09/21/2013 08:03 PM, »Q« wrote:
> > In <news:[hidden email]>,
> > WaltS <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of
> >> negative feedback.
> >
> > It may be the worst redesign of a major site I've ever seen.
>
> What about the USA Today site?

I'm sure I've been there, but I'm not aware of it enough to notice any
changes -- I have no idea what it looks like now.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

regrondahl
On Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:55:31 PM UTC-5, WaltS wrote:
> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>
> feedback.
>

> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.

Perfectly design for Mobile devices.. Get used to it. We all need to 'cause Mobile devices are the future.
RM

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

RM
»Q« wrote:
> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> WaltS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>> feedback.
>
> It may be the worst redesign of a major site I've ever seen.

On the plus side I can now have two narrow columns.  Loss of ability to
change background colors is a bummer.  Damn free apps anyway! ;-)

--
Some people have a way about them that seems to say: "If I have only
one life to live, let me live it as a jerk."

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Ron Hunter
On 9/21/2013 4:44 PM, WaltS wrote:

> On 09/21/2013 05:19 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 9/21/2013 2:55 PM, WaltS wrote:
>>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>>> feedback.
>>>
>>> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.
>> Well, I am back on the old page, and when/if they go the new one, I am
>> GONE from there forever.  Another case of feed the masses what you want
>> them to eat, and they WILL be happy.  NOT.
>>

> Not to mention my local newspaper is going to start charging $9.95 a
> month for web content on October 1st.
>
> Non-subscribers will get access to a limited number of stories each
> month on the website.

A lot are doing that, and to comment, you have to let them use your name
on Facebook, and copy your contact list.  NOT going there.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Ron Hunter
On 9/21/2013 7:03 PM, »Q« wrote:
> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> WaltS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>> feedback.
>
> It may be the worst redesign of a major site I've ever seen.

Absolutely useless to me.  Doesn't show me what I want to read, and
doesn't give me a choice.  Might as well go to a random website...

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Ron Hunter
On 9/21/2013 7:33 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> On Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:55:31 PM UTC-5, WaltS wrote:
>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>>
>> feedback.
>>

>> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.
>
> Perfectly design for Mobile devices.. Get used to it. We all need to 'cause Mobile devices are the future.

Not designed for ANY platform, and certainly not Mobile devices, three
columns?  NOT for most mobile devices.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Christian Riechers-3
On 09/21/2013 11:19 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 9/21/2013 2:55 PM, WaltS wrote:
>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>> feedback.
>>
>> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.
> Well, I am back on the old page, and when/if they go the new one, I am
> GONE from there forever.  Another case of feed the masses what you want
> them to eat, and they WILL be happy.  NOT.

What's your problem with the page? Nothing has changed for me, except
that you can choose a theme now.
Beyond that, you can still customize both, the contents and the layout.

--
Christian

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Ron Hunter
On 9/22/2013 2:30 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> On 09/21/2013 11:19 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 9/21/2013 2:55 PM, WaltS wrote:
>>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>>> feedback.
>>>
>>> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.
>> Well, I am back on the old page, and when/if they go the new one, I am
>> GONE from there forever.  Another case of feed the masses what you want
>> them to eat, and they WILL be happy.  NOT.
>
> What's your problem with the page? Nothing has changed for me, except
> that you can choose a theme now.
> Beyond that, you can still customize both, the contents and the layout.

I saw no sign on any ability to customize anything in any particular.
It showed me what it wanted, and there was nothing to change anything,
nor did I like the way it was presented.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Christian Riechers-3
On 09/22/2013 11:28 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 9/22/2013 2:30 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

>>> Well, I am back on the old page, and when/if they go the new one, I am
>>> GONE from there forever.  Another case of feed the masses what you want
>>> them to eat, and they WILL be happy.  NOT.
>>
>> What's your problem with the page? Nothing has changed for me, except
>> that you can choose a theme now.
>> Beyond that, you can still customize both, the contents and the layout.
>>
> I saw no sign on any ability to customize anything in any particular. It
> showed me what it wanted, and there was nothing to change anything, nor
> did I like the way it was presented.

Assuming we're talking about <http://my.yahoo.com>, there is a Sign -in
button at the top right of the page, and a 'Go to my page' button in the
middle. It's hard to miss.

--
Christian

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

WaltS-2
On 09/22/2013 05:59 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> On 09/22/2013 11:28 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> What's your problem with the page? Nothing has changed for me, except
>>> that you can choose a theme now.
>>> Beyond that, you can still customize both, the contents and the layout.
>>>
>> I saw no sign on any ability to customize anything in any particular. It
>> showed me what it wanted, and there was nothing to change anything, nor
>> did I like the way it was presented.
>
> Assuming we're talking about <http://my.yahoo.com>, there is a Sign -in
> button at the top right of the page, and a 'Go to my page' button in the
> middle. It's hard to miss.

If you didn't change from the old to the new MyYahoo page nothing has
changed.

If you did, you can't just follow your selected sports teams anymore.
You can select them, but must see all scores for all teams with your
team highlighted. Switch between MLB to see baseball scores, NFL to see
football scores. Maybe "Trending" is the way to go.

Selected "Trending", and I see my MLB, NFL, and NHL selections with NFL
games for today listed underneath. I don't want that. I just want my
teams, and Manchester United which I can't find anywhere on the editing
page. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

You can edit features, but it isn't easy. The theme I was using no
longer exists.

I think I'll try my AOL page as a home page.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Ron Hunter
On 9/22/2013 4:59 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> On 09/22/2013 11:28 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> What's your problem with the page? Nothing has changed for me, except
>>> that you can choose a theme now.
>>> Beyond that, you can still customize both, the contents and the layout.
>>>
>> I saw no sign on any ability to customize anything in any particular. It
>> showed me what it wanted, and there was nothing to change anything, nor
>> did I like the way it was presented.
>
> Assuming we're talking about <http://my.yahoo.com>, there is a Sign -in
> button at the top right of the page, and a 'Go to my page' button in the
> middle. It's hard to miss.

I sign in automatically, and go to my page.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

WaltS-2
On 09/21/2013 11:12 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 9/21/2013 7:03 PM, »Q« wrote:
>> In <news:[hidden email]>,
>> WaltS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>>> feedback.
>>
>> It may be the worst redesign of a major site I've ever seen.
>>
> Absolutely useless to me.  Doesn't show me what I want to read, and
> doesn't give me a choice.  Might as well go to a random website...

Gives you some choice. Blocks of content can be rearranged by dragging
and dropping them where you want.

Select "Edit Layout"and you have a choice of two, three or four columns.

Select "Add Content" and you can add or delete content.

For sports select "More Scores" in the bottom left of the content block
to select and have your favorite teams highlighted. Use "Trending" to
display them all in the Sports content block, with added crap you don't
want to see.

I'll let you discover the rest.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

Ron Hunter
On 9/22/2013 7:57 AM, WaltS wrote:

> On 09/22/2013 05:59 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

>>> I saw no sign on any ability to customize anything in any particular. It
>>> showed me what it wanted, and there was nothing to change anything, nor
>>> did I like the way it was presented.
>>
>> Assuming we're talking about <http://my.yahoo.com>, there is a Sign -in
>> button at the top right of the page, and a 'Go to my page' button in the
>> middle. It's hard to miss.
>>

> If you didn't change from the old to the new MyYahoo page nothing has
> changed.
>
> If you did, you can't just follow your selected sports teams anymore.
> You can select them, but must see all scores for all teams with your
> team highlighted. Switch between MLB to see baseball scores, NFL to see
> football scores. Maybe "Trending" is the way to go.
>
> Selected "Trending", and I see my MLB, NFL, and NHL selections with NFL
> games for today listed underneath. I don't want that. I just want my
> teams, and Manchester United which I can't find anywhere on the editing
> page. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
>
> You can edit features, but it isn't easy. The theme I was using no
> longer exists.
>
> I think I'll try my AOL page as a home page.

I looked at the page again, and it is completely different from the
previous look.  Definitely wasn't finished at the time.  I have
customized it a bit, and it is much better.  Still seems to get its
location from some unknown source, which doesn't happen to be correct.
At least it let me change the weather part to the correct city.  And the
location is close enough for local news to be usable.  Wish they would
have just asked when I selected local news....
I changed because I am sure the old way will not be maintained long.

Re: New MyYahoo Page sucks!

responder-2
On 9/21/2013 11:15 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>> On Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:55:31 PM UTC-5, WaltS wrote:
>>> Seems I'm not the only one that hates the new look. Lots of negative
>>>
>>> feedback.
>>>

>>> It used to be my home page when I opened Firefox but no longer.
>>
>> Perfectly design for Mobile devices.. Get used to it. We all need to
>> 'cause Mobile devices are the future.
>>
> Not designed for ANY platform, and certainly not Mobile devices, three
> columns?  NOT for most mobile devices.

You are all correct, it is the worse thing going..

I did find a way to go back to the old website even after you've
committed to the new.

Try...

http://my.yahoo.com/switch

Took me right back.

Still shows the stupid welcome banner at the top, but at least I came
home again..
1234 ... 7