New Firefox Reality browser arrives

WaltS48-9
I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.

https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
NRA = Newly Recruited Activists

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
7:56 AM:
> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>
> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/

If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
unimpressed to-the-max.

--
Sailfish

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

Mozilla - General mailing list
On 4/7/2018 6:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
> 7:56 AM:
>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>>
>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>
> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
> unimpressed to-the-max.

Ditto.
--
"Ants can attack with a grain of rice." --a Malagasy Proverb
this signature correctly.
  | |o   o| |          If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
     \ _ /              Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
      ( )

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

Endegee
On 07-Apr-2018 21:19, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
> 7:56 AM:
>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>>
>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>
> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
> unimpressed to-the-max.

Same here. Haven't been impressed with Mozilla since Firefox Australis.

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

The Real Bev
On 04/07/2018 06:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
> 7:56 AM:
>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>>
>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>
> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
> unimpressed to-the-max.

"No video with supported format and MIME type found."

FF58/64-bit slackware.  I can no longer see ANY videos, including
youtube.  Even in safe mode.

FF52ESR works fine.  Both FF versions running.  WTF is wrong?

--
Cheers, Bev
   Giving out free MS security updates is like giving out free

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

Balaco ocalaB
Em 08-04-2018 00:26, The Real Bev escreveu:

> On 04/07/2018 06:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
>> 7:56 AM:
>>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be
>>> interested.
>>>
>>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>>

>> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
>> unimpressed to-the-max.
>
> "No video with supported format and MIME type found."
>
> FF58/64-bit slackware.  I can no longer see ANY videos, including
> youtube.  Even in safe mode.
>
> FF52ESR works fine.  Both FF versions running.  WTF is wrong?

For all the fuzz and bad things I have been seeing, I am betting that I
will will stay with FF 52 ESR for a looooong time, much longer than its
official support, which is near the end of this year.

Just do the same. Or possibly try browsers based on FF, like palemoon
and a few others pointed in this channel.

--
=
        quem você é?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Em 07-04-2018 22:19, Sailfish escreveu:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
> 7:56 AM:
>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>>
>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>
> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
> unimpressed to-the-max.

Since I saw that video, in the same day it was posted:

+1

--
=

On 4/7/18 10:15 PM, Ant wrote:

> On 4/7/2018 6:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>> 4/3/2018 7:56 AM:
>>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be
>>> interested.
>>>
>>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>>
>> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
>> unimpressed to-the-max.
>
> Ditto.

A VR headset may be required.

I must admit I did not watch it since I am not at all interested in
Virtual Reality.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
NRA = Newly Recruited Activists
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

rebro
Am 08.04.2018 um 03:19 schrieb Sailfish:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
> 7:56 AM:
>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>>
>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>
> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
> unimpressed to-the-max.

Let me join you in your enthusiastic appreciation! :-)

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

caver1-5
On 04/07/2018 09:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
> 7:56 AM:
>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>>
>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>
> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
> unimpressed to-the-max.

It made me think of scrolling a page with an ice pick.

--
Caver1

On 04/08/2018 03:27 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

> Em 08-04-2018 00:26, The Real Bev escreveu:
>> On 04/07/2018 06:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
>>> 7:56 AM:

>>> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
>>> unimpressed to-the-max.
>>
>> "No video with supported format and MIME type found."
>>
>> FF58/64-bit slackware.  I can no longer see ANY videos, including
>> youtube.  Even in safe mode.
>>
>> FF52ESR works fine.  Both FF versions running.  WTF is wrong?
>
> For all the fuzz and bad things I have been seeing, I am betting that I
> will will stay with FF 52 ESR for a looooong time, much longer than its
> official support, which is near the end of this year.

I would, but for some reason 52 is agonizingly slow and I'm impatient.
There are always tradeoffs :-(

> Just do the same. Or possibly try browsers based on FF, like palemoon
> and a few others pointed in this channel.

I installed palemoon, but the idea of configuring it from scratch is
daunting.  Any chance I can just copy over my FF profile contents and
have most of it work?

--
Cheers, Bev
   I didn't break it!  It was doing that before I broke it... er...

Em 08-04-2018 12:44, The Real Bev escreveu:

> On 04/08/2018 03:27 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

>>> "No video with supported format and MIME type found."
>>>
>>> FF58/64-bit slackware.  I can no longer see ANY videos, including
>>> youtube.  Even in safe mode.
>>>
>>> FF52ESR works fine.  Both FF versions running.  WTF is wrong?
>>
>> For all the fuzz and bad things I have been seeing, I am betting that I
>> will will stay with FF 52 ESR for a looooong time, much longer than its
>> official support, which is near the end of this year.
>
> I would, but for some reason 52 is agonizingly slow and I'm impatient.
> There are always tradeoffs :-(

52 is slower? With what? Which page?

>> Just do the same. Or possibly try browsers based on FF, like palemoon
>> and a few others pointed in this channel.
>
> I installed palemoon, but the idea of configuring it from scratch is
> daunting.  Any chance I can just copy over my FF profile contents and
> have most of it work?

I assume that would work. At most, you would have to take care if there
are settings that changed among FF versions (the version of PM, and the
source of your "mother profile").

--
=
        quem você é?
        to show who you are?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what rebro graced us with on 4/8/2018
7:56 AM:

> Am 08.04.2018 um 03:19 schrieb Sailfish:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>> 4/3/2018 7:56 AM:
>>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be
>>> interested.
>>>
>>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>>
>> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
>> unimpressed to-the-max.
>
> Let me join you in your enthusiastic appreciation! :-)

#heh

--
Sailfish

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Caver1 graced us with on 4/8/2018
7:56 AM:

> On 04/07/2018 09:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
>> 7:56 AM:
>>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be
>>> interested.
>>>
>>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>>

>> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
>> unimpressed to-the-max.
>
> It made me think of scrolling a page with an ice pick.

On Waterfox it surely resembles a Waterpik, would be my guess.

--
Sailfish

On 04/08/2018 09:02 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

> Em 08-04-2018 12:44, The Real Bev escreveu:

>>> For all the fuzz and bad things I have been seeing, I am betting that I
>>> will will stay with FF 52 ESR for a looooong time, much longer than its
>>> official support, which is near the end of this year.
>>
>> I would, but for some reason 52 is agonizingly slow and I'm impatient.
>> There are always tradeoffs :-(
>>

> 52 is slower? With what? Which page?

Pretty much everything.  5-10 seconds to change facebook or drudge
pages.  Scrolling is jerky with 52.  No point in testing speed in 'safe'
mode because I'm unwilling to use FF that way.

>>> Just do the same. Or possibly try browsers based on FF, like palemoon
>>> and a few others pointed in this channel.
>>
>> I installed palemoon, but the idea of configuring it from scratch is
>> daunting.  Any chance I can just copy over my FF profile contents and
>> have most of it work?
>
> I assume that would work. At most, you would have to take care if there
> are settings that changed among FF versions (the version of PM, and the
> source of your "mother profile").

Nothing to lose...

--
Cheers, Bev
   "I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns and

Em 08-04-2018 13:58, The Real Bev escreveu:

> On 04/08/2018 09:02 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

>>> I would, but for some reason 52 is agonizingly slow and I'm impatient.
>>> There are always tradeoffs :-(
>>>

>> 52 is slower? With what? Which page?
>
> Pretty much everything.  5-10 seconds to change facebook or drudge
> pages.  Scrolling is jerky with 52.  No point in testing speed in 'safe'
> mode because I'm unwilling to use FF that way.

I see nothing wrong with Facebook book pages. 5-10 seconds? Nothing
takes so much to load/happen there. There is something wrong with you or
with your computer. The fault should not be FF52ESR.

--
=
        quem você é?
        to show who you are?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: New Firefox Reality browser arrives

Ron Hunter
On 4/7/2018 8:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
> 7:56 AM:
>> I haven't been waiting for this for years. Some of you may be interested.
>>
>> https://blog.mozvr.com/firefox-reality-bringing-the-immersive-web-to-mixed-reality-headsets/
>>
> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
> unimpressed to-the-max.

Looks like a browser for children, 2-6.  Sigh.

On 4/8/2018 5:27 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

> Em 08-04-2018 00:26, The Real Bev escreveu:
>> On 04/07/2018 06:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/3/2018
>>> 7:56 AM:

>>> If that video is indicative of what Moz considers immersive, I'm
>>> unimpressed to-the-max.
>>
>> "No video with supported format and MIME type found."
>>
>> FF58/64-bit slackware.  I can no longer see ANY videos, including
>> youtube.  Even in safe mode.
>>
>> FF52ESR works fine.  Both FF versions running.  WTF is wrong?
>>

> For all the fuzz and bad things I have been seeing, I am betting that I
> will will stay with FF 52 ESR for a looooong time, much longer than its
> official support, which is near the end of this year.
>
> Just do the same. Or possibly try browsers based on FF, like palemoon
> and a few others pointed in this channel.

I have been using Waterfox for a couple of months now.  Seems stable,
and allows me to continue using my extensions.

On 4/8/2018 10:44 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 04/08/2018 03:27 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

>>> "No video with supported format and MIME type found."
>>>
>>> FF58/64-bit slackware.  I can no longer see ANY videos, including
>>> youtube.  Even in safe mode.
>>>
>>> FF52ESR works fine.  Both FF versions running.  WTF is wrong?
>>
>> For all the fuzz and bad things I have been seeing, I am betting that I
>> will will stay with FF 52 ESR for a looooong time, much longer than its
>> official support, which is near the end of this year.
>
> I would, but for some reason 52 is agonizingly slow and I'm impatient.
> There are always tradeoffs :-(
>
>> Just do the same. Or possibly try browsers based on FF, like palemoon
>> and a few others pointed in this channel.
>
> I installed palemoon, but the idea of configuring it from scratch is
> daunting.  Any chance I can just copy over my FF profile contents and
> have most of it work?

Waterfox does that.  Smooth, easy, and works.

On 04/08/2018 11:24 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 4/8/2018 10:44 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

>>> For all the fuzz and bad things I have been seeing, I am betting that I
>>> will will stay with FF 52 ESR for a looooong time, much longer than its
>>> official support, which is near the end of this year.
>>
>> I would, but for some reason 52 is agonizingly slow and I'm impatient.
>> There are always tradeoffs :-(
>>
>>> Just do the same. Or possibly try browsers based on FF, like palemoon
>>> and a few others pointed in this channel.
>>
>> I installed palemoon, but the idea of configuring it from scratch is
>> daunting.  Any chance I can just copy over my FF profile contents and
>> have most of it work?
>>
> Waterfox does that.  Smooth, easy, and works.

I tried that.  Something in my profile made palemoon unable to see
videos :-(

Does stuff in the userC*.css files take effect even in 'safe' mode?  I
haven't tried disabling those yet...

--
Cheers, Bev
   Schrodinger's Cake:  You can have it AND eat it.