Network Status work

Daniel Stenberg
Hi friends!

I'm in the process of adressing the network link status problem. To improve
how Firefox deals with changed network conditions, like when you switch
between wifi networks, captive portals, VPNs and more. The main bug for this
is #939318.

I've attempted to write down the basic ideas of the planned updated behavior
and I'm hosting it online for easy reading:

   http://daniel.haxx.se/firefox/networkstat.html

I'm also attaching the current markdown version snapshot of that document in
case you prefer that.

If you have any improvements, feedback, questions or alternative suggestions
just throw them at me here. I've started going down this path now, code-wise,
and plan to start submitting some early patches soonish.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se

networkstat.md (5K) Download Attachment