Negating Boolean Flags

Peter Kay
Several of the Boolean Flags do not have true negations (I'm thinking
Flags here), but other possibilities exist.

For example, I was putting in code to check if a Comment was added
before a certain date.  Then I realized I actually needed to search for
bugs with no comments added after a certain date.  This logic is going
to need a NOT in it somewhere.

In 2.17.7, there isn't a NOT; is there one in the latest, and if not,
would having one be a reasonble thing to do?

--Peter

Re: Negating Boolean Flags

Joel Peshkin
Peter Kay wrote:

> Several of the Boolean Flags do not have true negations (I'm thinking
> Flags here), but other possibilities exist.
>
> For example, I was putting in code to check if a Comment was added
> before a certain date.  Then I realized I actually needed to search for
> bugs with no comments added after a certain date.  This logic is going
> to need a NOT in it somewhere.
>
> In 2.17.7, there isn't a NOT; is there one in the latest, and if not,
> would having one be a reasonble thing to do?
>
> --Peter

2.20 has negation in boolean charts.

Re: Negating Boolean Flags

Peter Kay
Joel Peshkin wrote:

> Peter Kay wrote:
>
>> Several of the Boolean Flags do not have true negations (I'm thinking
>> Flags here), but other possibilities exist.
>>
>> For example, I was putting in code to check if a Comment was added
>> before a certain date.  Then I realized I actually needed to search for
>> bugs with no comments added after a certain date.  This logic is going
>> to need a NOT in it somewhere.
>>
>> In 2.17.7, there isn't a NOT; is there one in the latest, and if not,
>> would having one be a reasonble thing to do?
>>
>> --Peter
>

> 2.20 has negation in boolean charts.

WooHoo!  I finally have a good reason to upgrade :)

--Peter