Need to restrict a newly created product to only one set of users

Need to restrict a newly created product to only one set of users

coppercry
Hi,

I'm using Bugzilla version 4.4.6.

I need to restrict a product to a certain group.

Scenario I want to achieve:

1. New Product: Product 1
2. New Group: Group 1

"Group 1" should be able to log bugs and view bugs only from "Product 1" and not from anyone or anywhere else.

I want both "Group 1" and "Product 1" to isolated from other products and groups.

I created a new product and a new group. Both named "Test".

I created a new user and an existing user and added them to newly created group and they are members of the said group only and not and other group.

In the newly created product, I selected "Edit Group Access Controls" and selected newly created group and selected "MemberControl" and "OtherControl" as "Mandatory".

Still the users from that group are able to view bugs and log bugs from all the products.

What else needs to be changed?

Thanks in advance for the help

Re: Need to restrict a newly created product to only one set of users

Dave Miller
You need to restrict all of your products, not just that one. The ones they shouldn't see should be restricted to a different group. All of your other users would need to be members of the other group (or members of both if they should see the new product's bugs as well)

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 4:56:16 PM UTC+5:30, Dave Miller wrote:

> You need to restrict all of your products, not just that one. The ones they shouldn't see should be restricted to a different group. All of your other users would need to be members of the other group (or members of both if they should see the new product's bugs as well)
>
> On December 12, 2018 6:07:28 AM EST, [hidden email] wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm using Bugzilla version 4.4.6.
> >
> >I need to restrict a product to a certain group.
> >
> >Scenario I want to achieve:
> >
> >1. New Product: Product 1
> >2. New Group: Group 1
> >
> >"Group 1" should be able to log bugs and view bugs only from "Product
> >1" and not from anyone or anywhere else.
> >
> >I want both "Group 1" and "Product 1" to isolated from other products
> >and groups.
> >
> >I created a new product and a new group. Both named "Test".
> >
> >I created a new user and an existing user and added them to newly
> >created group and they are members of the said group only and not and
> >other group.
> >
> >In the newly created product, I selected "Edit Group Access Controls"
> >and selected newly created group and selected "MemberControl" and
> >"OtherControl" as "Mandatory".
> >
> >Still the users from that group are able to view bugs and log bugs from
> >all the products.
> >
> >What else needs to be changed?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for the help
> >PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you
> >reply.

Hi Dave,

I restricted other users for other products. Now they are not able to create bugs in other products. But they are still able to view bugs in other products. How to restrict that?

Thanks

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 9:22:49 PM UTC+5:30, Thorsten Schöning wrote:

> Guten Tag [hidden email],
> am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2018 um 14:32 schrieben Sie:
>
> > I restricted other users for other products. Now they are not able
> > to create bugs in other products. But they are still able to view
> > bugs in other products. How to restrict that?
>
> Too many "other" in those sentences to me... :-) MemberControl and
> OtherControl should be the key for those "other" users as well. You
> only told about your group 1, not how you set the "others" up. So
> check those settings and have a look at the docs for their security
> scenario:
>
> https://bugzilla.readthedocs.io/en/5.0/administering/categorization.html#general-user-access-with-a-security-product
>
> One of my test products with the folloing settings:
>
> > Testprodukt:Default/NA, ENTRY, CANEDIT, editcomponents, canconfirm, editbugs
>
> Leads to the following text at one of my test bugs for the current
> user being a member of "Testprodukt":
>
> > Only users inallof the selected groups can view this bug:
> > Unchecking all boxes makes this a more public bug.
> >  Testprodukt
>
> And that only after I changed group control, if I remove those
> restrictions, the text and therefore the restriction on the bug
> disappears as well.
>
> https://picload.org/view/dclwacip/clipboard01.png.html
> https://picload.org/view/dclwaciw/clipboard02.png.html
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Thanks!