Need a guide on How to run remote XUL Application with XUL

Need a guide on How to run remote XUL Application with XUL

Shahzad Sarwar

Can someone please write a how-to on running a remote application from
XULRunner.

Thanks
Shahzad

Re: Need a guide on How to run remote XUL Application with XUL

Rod Whiteley
I suggest you ask for help in the Mozilla Development forum:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=27

To log a request for developer documentation, add it to:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/MDC:Articles_and_Tutorials_Sign-up_List

and notify the Mozilla Developer Center group:

mozilla.dev.mdc

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Need a guide on How to run remote XUL Application with XUL

Benjamin Smedberg
Rod Whiteley wrote:
> I suggest you ask for help in the Mozilla Development forum:
>
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=27

Rod, *this* is the official Mozilla Development forum.

--BDS

Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
> Rod Whiteley wrote:
>> I suggest you ask for help in the Mozilla Development forum:
>>
>> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=27
>
> Rod, *this* is the official Mozilla Development forum.
>
> --BDS

True.  This is Mozilla's development forum.  *That* is a forum named
"Mozilla Development".  I suggest asking there, having asked here.

--
Rod Whiteley

Shahzad Sarwar wrote:

> Can someone please write a how-to on running a remote application from
> XULRunner.

Didn't we talk about this before? It is easy to make a remote application
run with xulrunner if the remote application has remote privileges: just set
toolkit.defaultChromeURI to an http:// or https:// URI.

Making a "remote" application load with chrome privileges involves using the
same CAPS privileges you would use in Firefox (I don't know what they are,
and as I've said before you're taking a great risk, trusting your DNS to
point you at the server you actually intend). I would seriously recommend
downloading the files to the local computer using HTTPs or a certificate of
some sort and running them from there.

--BDS

Followup-to mdt.xul