Native SVG Support and Mozilla ActiveX

Matthew Copeland
Hi,

I am wanting to create a local content application that uses XHTML, SVG and
embedded Gecko. Ideally, this would be possible with everything native to
Gecko and not depending on 3rd party plugins.

I am using Mozilla ActiveX release 1.7.12. When using the control to browse
a page containing embedded SVG files, a dialog indicates a file which needs
special handling and directs the user to choose an application for opening
the file or to save it. Apparently - no native support for SVG.

Am I missing something? Can a configuration item turn on native SVG support
for the 1.7.12 distribution?

If not - is their anyway to determine a stable embeddable build release that
does have native SVG support?

Thanks,
Matthew Copeland

Re: Native SVG Support and Mozilla ActiveX

John A.-2
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:49:13 -0600, "Matthew Copeland"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am wanting to create a local content application that uses XHTML, SVG and
>embedded Gecko. Ideally, this would be possible with everything native to
>Gecko and not depending on 3rd party plugins.
>
>I am using Mozilla ActiveX release 1.7.12. When using the control to browse
>a page containing embedded SVG files, a dialog indicates a file which needs
>special handling and directs the user to choose an application for opening
>the file or to save it. Apparently - no native support for SVG.
>
>Am I missing something? Can a configuration item turn on native SVG support
>for the 1.7.12 distribution?
>
>If not - is their anyway to determine a stable embeddable build release that
>does have native SVG support?

Well, it's a beta release, but SeaMonkey 1.0b has native SVG included
and the zip download's Mozilla control is working for me. I don't know
about the installer or stub installer.

JA