NS prefixes for WHATWG stuff?

fantasai
According to bz, the NS (not ns) prefix on things like nsIDOMNSDocumentStyle
is for labelling our extensions to the official W3C DOM. My question is, should
that include WHATWG specs as well?

[ followup-to: mozilla.dev.platform ]

~fantasai

Re: NS prefixes for WHATWG stuff?

Ian Hickson
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, fantasai wrote:

> According to bz, the NS (not ns) prefix on things like
> nsIDOMNSDocumentStyle is for labelling our extensions to the official
> W3C DOM. My question is, should that include WHATWG specs as well?

Probably doesn't make any practical difference since most WHATWG
extensions that get implemented start off as non-standard vendor-specific
extensions, get specced in WHATWG specs, then eventually end up being W3C
official features. For sanity's sake I'd recommend separating the
interface name from the source of the feature and not worrying about it.