NPAPI

weems
Google Chrome in the latest version removed by default NPAPI Plugins, which
affected Java Plugins. Will Mozilla be planning to deprecate NPAPI in the
immediate / soon to come future? My Concerns descend mainly from the fact
that Java has been deprecated via NPAPI Deprecation in Chrome. I am wanting
to confirm the timeline of the deprecation in Firefox Stable as I have need
to support a Application using Java Applet in Browsers. If Mozilla Firefox
is accelerating Deprecation,

Thanks,

Michael

Re: NPAPI

Georg Fritzsche-3
Currently there are no plans to remove NPAPI, however it is highly
recommended to switch over to Web APIs where possible.
Plugins in Firefox already became click-to-play except for a small set of
whitelisted exceptions.

Georg