NOTES: 12 February 2009 A11y Firebug Accessibility Extension Teleconference

NOTES: 12 February 2009 A11y Firebug Accessibility Extension Teleconference

Gunderson, Jon R
Participants

    * Jon Gunderson
    * Hans Hillen
    * Sandy Foltz
    * Steven Faulkner

Link: http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/Firebug_Accessibility_Extension

1. Rules Engine

    * Create a rules framework
    * Sandy created an example of a rule structure
    * Hans will create some code to test the YSlow formatted rules from
    * Use JQuery for the rule implementation
    * We want to be able to call rules at a node or document level, to improve processing time
    * We are still looking at YSlow, and will make rules compatible with YSlow rules
    * Sandy found the files associated with DOM references
    * Sandy will use JQuery in the A11y extension
    * Lately not developing extensions, mostly working on rules and the rules engine
    * The extension will fit into the Firebug modular structure

2. Enumeration Events Handlers

    * Sandy and Hans tried to get to work, but got the same error
    * E-mail sent to Mozilla developers to ask why it doesn't
    * Posted a message to Bugzilla on the information

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Coordinator Information Technology Accessibility
Disability Resources and Educational Services

Rehabilitation Education Center
Room 86
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, Illinois 61821