*** NEW NETSCAPE WEB SITE ***

Jay Garcia
Everyone has been waiting for news of upcoming changes at Netscape. So
here's a little bit to whet your whistles. The site is in BETA and
access by the public is welcomed. The site is self-explanatory for the
most part.

http://www.beta.netscape.com

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: *** NEW NETSCAPE WEB SITE ***

PeEmm
Jay Garcia wrote:
> Everyone has been waiting for news of upcoming changes at Netscape. So
> here's a little bit to whet your whistles. The site is in BETA and
> access by the public is welcomed. The site is self-explanatory for the
> most part.
>
> http://www.beta.netscape.com

Great! Can I count on a release of Netscape Browser 8.2 accompanying the
new site and perhaps a fresh Netscape Messenger..? ;-)

--
/P.M.

Re: *** NEW NETSCAPE WEB SITE ***

Michael Gordon-2
On 6/16/2006 11:09 AM PeEmm created this reply

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> Everyone has been waiting for news of upcoming changes at Netscape. So
>> here's a little bit to whet your whistles. The site is in BETA and
>> access by the public is welcomed. The site is self-explanatory for the
>> most part.
>>
>> http://www.beta.netscape.com
>>

> Great! Can I count on a release of Netscape Browser 8.2 accompanying
> the new site and perhaps a fresh Netscape Messenger..? ;-)

Netscape Messenger is dead and gone, AOL killed all mail and news when
they opted to release a browser only.

If you want an integrated package like the Netscape of old you would
like SeaMonkey, all dressed up and more modern than anything
AOL/Netscape can produce.

See the link below.  SeaMonkey - The all in one Internet Suite.

Michael

--
Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

Re: *** NEW NETSCAPE WEB SITE ***

PeEmm
Michael Gordon wrote:

> On 6/16/2006 11:09 AM PeEmm created this reply
>
>> Great! Can I count on a release of Netscape Browser 8.2 accompanying
>> the new site and perhaps a fresh Netscape Messenger..? ;-)
>>
> Netscape Messenger is dead and gone, AOL killed all mail and news when
> they opted to release a browser only.
>
> If you want an integrated package like the Netscape of old you would
> like SeaMonkey, all dressed up and more modern than anything
> AOL/Netscape can produce.
>
> See the link below.  SeaMonkey - The all in one Internet Suite.
>
> Michael

SM is a good follower of NS7 integrated policy - I agree on that one -
but NS8 is a crush. It's simply the best browser ever, but it needs to
keep itself (security) updated and also go one step further, for her to
become a magnate for extensions and themes developers. She also needs a
twin brother, the mail component (based on TB).

--
/P.M.

Re: *** NEW NETSCAPE WEB SITE ***

Jay Garcia
On 16.06.2006 07:17, Jay Garcia wrote:

> Everyone has been waiting for news of upcoming changes at Netscape. So
> here's a little bit to whet your whistles. The site is in BETA and
> access by the public is welcomed. The site is self-explanatory for the
> most part.
>
> http://www.beta.netscape.com

More of what's happening at Netscape:

http://tech.beta.netscape.com/story/2006/06/16/what-is-new-with-netscape/

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: *** NEW NETSCAPE WEB SITE ***

Paul B. Gallagher
Michael Gordon wrote:

> On 6/16/2006 11:09 AM PeEmm created this reply
>
>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>
>>> Everyone has been waiting for news of upcoming changes at Netscape. So
>>> here's a little bit to whet your whistles. The site is in BETA and
>>> access by the public is welcomed. The site is self-explanatory for the
>>> most part.
>>>
>>> http://www.beta.netscape.com
>>>

>> Great! Can I count on a release of Netscape Browser 8.2 accompanying
>> the new site and perhaps a fresh Netscape Messenger..? ;-)
>>
> Netscape Messenger is dead and gone, AOL killed all mail and news when
> they opted to release a browser only.
>
> If you want an integrated package like the Netscape of old you would
> like SeaMonkey, all dressed up and more modern than anything
> AOL/Netscape can produce.
>
> See the link below.  SeaMonkey - The all in one Internet Suite.

Err, so if Mozilla and SeaMonkey are so much better, why are we
promoting AOL's hatchet job on Netscape?

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: *** NEW NETSCAPE WEB SITE ***

Michael Gordon-2
On 6/17/2006 7:14 PM Paul B. Gallagher created this reply

> Michael Gordon wrote:

>>> Great! Can I count on a release of Netscape Browser 8.2 accompanying
>>> the new site and perhaps a fresh Netscape Messenger..? ;-)
>>>
>> Netscape Messenger is dead and gone, AOL killed all mail and news
>> when they opted to release a browser only.
>>
>> If you want an integrated package like the Netscape of old you would
>> like SeaMonkey, all dressed up and more modern than anything
>> AOL/Netscape can produce.
>>
>> See the link below.  SeaMonkey - The all in one Internet Suite.
>>

> Err, so if Mozilla and SeaMonkey are so much better, why are we
> promoting AOL's hatchet job on Netscape?

Because AOL own Netscape.

On 17.06.2006 19:14, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

>>> Great! Can I count on a release of Netscape Browser 8.2 accompanying
>>> the new site and perhaps a fresh Netscape Messenger..? ;-)
>>>
>> Netscape Messenger is dead and gone, AOL killed all mail and news when
>> they opted to release a browser only.
>>
>> If you want an integrated package like the Netscape of old you would
>> like SeaMonkey, all dressed up and more modern than anything
>> AOL/Netscape can produce.
>>
>> See the link below.  SeaMonkey - The all in one Internet Suite.
>>

> Err, so if Mozilla and SeaMonkey are so much better, why are we
> promoting AOL's hatchet job on Netscape?

"hatchet" job ??? Not hardly. And WE are not promoting it here, " I "
am. :-)