MySQL compatibility

Steven Suson
Greetings all,

    I have a quick question. Is 2.16.2 compatible with MySQL 4.1? 4.0?
If no to both, is 2.18 compatible with either / both of these MySQL
versions?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Steven Suson
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: MySQL compatibility

Benton, Kevin
Steven - Bugzilla will work with MySQL 3.23 or greater (including 4.0.x
and 4.1.x).  Bugzilla has not been tested with MySQL 5.0.x and MySQL
5.0.x is not recommended by MySQL AB for production use at this time.
Be aware that MySQL is not backwards compatible from MySQL 4.1 to 4.0
due to a significant change in MySQL with how it encrypts passwords.
Once users have upgraded to MySQL 4.1, they will not be able to go
backwards without loosing user passwords.  There are significant
advantages, however, to having MySQL 4.1 like subselects.

---
Kevin Benton
Perl/Bugzilla Developer
Advanced Micro Devices

The opinions stated in this communication do not necessarily reflect the
view of Advanced Micro Devices and have not been reviewed by management.
This communication may contain sensitive and/or confidential and/or
proprietary information.  Distribution of such information is strictly
prohibited without prior consent of Advanced Micro Devices.  This
communication is for the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, then
destroy any remaining copies of this communication.

-