Must use Print Preview first before sending message to printer: SM 1.5a 20060531

Must use Print Preview first before sending message to printer: SM 1.5a 20060531

Lewis Rosenthal
Has anyone else here seen the above? If I simply click Print while
viewing an email, I get a Preparing to Printdialog, then simultaneous
with the printer dialog opening, I get two error boxes:

Printer Error (Not available)
Alert (The document cannot change while Printing or in Print Preview.)

Closing the Printer Error dialog closes the print dialog.

My default printer, BTW, is an HP Mopier 320 PS, and I am using PS
driver version 30.827 currently. Other applications, with the sole
exception of Lotus SmartSuite, print without incident to any of my
printer objects.

None of my printers are local, though they are configured for LPTs 1-4
and then captured via the NetWare Requester, so they should all behave
like local printers (vs LPD connections, etc.).

Web pages seem to print fine. I haven't tested a contemporary build on
another OS as yet. Just thought I'd check here first.

TIA

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE

Re: Must use Print Preview first before sending message to printer: SM 1.5a 20060531

William L. Hartzell
Sir:

Lewis Rosenthal wrote:

> Has anyone else here seen the above? If I simply click Print while
> viewing an email, I get a Preparing to Printdialog, then simultaneous
> with the printer dialog opening, I get two error boxes:
>
> Printer Error (Not available)
> Alert (The document cannot change while Printing or in Print Preview.)
>
> Closing the Printer Error dialog closes the print dialog.
>
> My default printer, BTW, is an HP Mopier 320 PS, and I am using PS
> driver version 30.827 currently. Other applications, with the sole
> exception of Lotus SmartSuite, print without incident to any of my
> printer objects.
>
> None of my printers are local, though they are configured for LPTs 1-4
> and then captured via the NetWare Requester, so they should all behave
> like local printers (vs LPD connections, etc.).
>
> Web pages seem to print fine. I haven't tested a contemporary build on
> another OS as yet. Just thought I'd check here first.

I tried last night's build of the trunk, with that machine's printer
being a share from another machine.  With Peer running SeaMonkey was
happy to print using ctrl-p or the File -> Print menu.  I would suspect
one of the extensions that you have installed.  Try a new profile with
no extensions (assumes that you installed the extensions to the profile,
instead of the program).
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!