Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Rebecca Billings
Hi all-

I got a notice that the TDF is taking bids on adding language support for
their instance of Moztrap. All of the info was linked in this blog post:

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2015/02/10/tender-to-develop-and-incorporate-multi-language-support-for-ui-and-test-cases-within-moztrap-201502-01/

Is anyone here familiar with what they have been doing already? Is this a
conversation we should/could have with them? I don't mean to volunteer
anyone to do the work, but more that we find out what they have done/are
doing if only to see if there's anything of interest.

Having language support on moztrap would be really cool if it's
implemented, and sounds like something we might be interested in.

Cheers,
~Rebecca

Fwd: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Shing Lyu
Forgot to cc the list.

Re: Fwd: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

David Weir-3
Hi could we make the login vie a Firefox account or mozillians

I understand what the developer is doing other projects at present

On 12 Feb 2015 01:26, "Shing Lyu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Forgot to cc the list.

Hi David,

Do you mean the MozTrap for Mozilla or LibreOffice?

Shing

> Hi could we make the login vie a Firefox account or mozillians
>
> I understand what the developer is doing other projects at present
>
> On 12 Feb 2015 01:26, "Shing Lyu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Forgot to cc the list.

Hi the Mozilla one

If I was talking about Libra office I would of cc there mailing lists
On 12 Feb 2015 01:34, "Shing Lyu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Do you mean the MozTrap for Mozilla or LibreOffice?
>
> Shing

>> Hi could we make the login vie a Firefox account or mozillians
>>
>> I understand what the developer is doing other projects at present
>>
>> On 12 Feb 2015 01:26, "Shing Lyu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Forgot to cc the list.

As you know, the owners of MozTrap are on other projects now, so I reached
a consensus with them that I'll make modifications in a low-impact way. To
be more specific, I'll only make modification to the REST API, and do most
of the feature I want from an external page/site/app that leverage the API.

I encourage you to file an issue to this repo:
https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui, maybe we can come up a way to
fix it from the outside. The repo is too sparse for now, I'll try my best
to add more README and instructions to encourage contribution.

Cheers,
Shing

--
Shing Lyu
QA, Mozilla Taipei

Re: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Rebecca Billings
Hi Shing-

That's really great that you're working on moztrap. I'm pretty familiar with the bandwidth issues on the project. I agree with the risks you mentioned as well as your idea to contact them. Would you be willing to get in touch as you seem to be the main person actively working on moztrap right now?

Cheers,
~Rebecca
:rbillings

> HI Rebecca,
>
> I am from the Taipei QA Team, and I've been working on a alternative UI for
> MozTrap (https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui) for some time. The
> problem here is that the owners of MozTrap has very limited bandwidth on
> maintaining it. So if they make a massive change to MozTrap, they may face
> obstacles pushing the patch upstream.
>
> My suggestion is that we invite them to join our effort to create the new
> UI, we can expand the REST API together and create alternative views using
> any frontend framework. This way, their efforts can go upstream and benefit
> others.
>
> Regards,
> Shing

> > Hi all-
> >
> > I got a notice that the TDF is taking bids on adding language support for
> > their instance of Moztrap. All of the info was linked in this blog post:
> >

> > http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2015/02/10/tender-to-develop-and-incorporate-multi-language-support-for-ui-and-test-cases-within-moztrap-201502-01/
> >
> > Is anyone here familiar with what they have been doing already? Is this a
> > conversation we should/could have with them? I don't mean to volunteer
> > anyone to do the work, but more that we find out what they have done/are
> > doing if only to see if there's anything of interest.
> >
> > Having language support on moztrap would be really cool if it's
> > implemented, and sounds like something we might be interested in.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > ~Rebecca

Re: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Shing Lyu
Hi Rebecca,

I reached out to TDF yesterday to address my concern , they said they have
already contacted Cameron, everything seems quite promising right now. I'll
keep in touch with them.

Also I encourage all of you to join either the moztrap project itself or
help me on https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui, I have some very
easy one-off bugs for people with 15 min of free time. Let's make moztrap
better, one step at a time.

Cheers,
Shing

> Hi Shing-
>
> That's really great that you're working on moztrap. I'm pretty familiar
> with the bandwidth issues on the project. I agree with the risks you
> mentioned as well as your idea to contact them. Would you be willing to get
> in touch as you seem to be the main person actively working on moztrap
> right now?
>
> Cheers,
> ~Rebecca
> :rbillings
>

> > HI Rebecca,
> >
> > I am from the Taipei QA Team, and I've been working on a alternative UI
> for
> > MozTrap (https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui) for some time. The
> > problem here is that the owners of MozTrap has very limited bandwidth on
> > maintaining it. So if they make a massive change to MozTrap, they may
> face
> > obstacles pushing the patch upstream.
> >
> > My suggestion is that we invite them to join our effort to create the new
> > UI, we can expand the REST API together and create alternative views
> using
> > any frontend framework. This way, their efforts can go upstream and
> benefit
> > others.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shing

> > > Hi all-
> > >
> > > I got a notice that the TDF is taking bids on adding language support
> for
> > > their instance of Moztrap. All of the info was linked in this blog
> post:
> > >

> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2015/02/10/tender-to-develop-and-incorporate-multi-language-support-for-ui-and-test-cases-within-moztrap-201502-01/
> > >
> > > Is anyone here familiar with what they have been doing already? Is
> this a
> > > conversation we should/could have with them? I don't mean to volunteer
> > > anyone to do the work, but more that we find out what they have
> done/are
> > > doing if only to see if there's anything of interest.
> > >
> > > Having language support on moztrap would be really cool if it's
> > > implemented, and sounds like something we might be interested in.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > ~Rebecca

Shing Lyu
QA, Mozilla Taipei

Re: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Ioana Chiorean
Hey Shing,
Did you think to open this call to contributor/volunteers ( aka Reps,
non-employees Mozillians) ? We might find a person that will want to
contribute constantly on it.

Thanks,
Ioana

On 02/13/2015 11:52 AM, Shing Lyu wrote:

> Hi Rebecca,
>
> I reached out to TDF yesterday to address my concern , they said they have
> already contacted Cameron, everything seems quite promising right now. I'll
> keep in touch with them.
>
> Also I encourage all of you to join either the moztrap project itself or
> help me on https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui, I have some very
> easy one-off bugs for people with 15 min of free time. Let's make moztrap
> better, one step at a time.
>
> Cheers,
> Shing

>> Hi Shing-
>>
>> That's really great that you're working on moztrap. I'm pretty familiar
>> with the bandwidth issues on the project. I agree with the risks you
>> mentioned as well as your idea to contact them. Would you be willing to get
>> in touch as you seem to be the main person actively working on moztrap
>> right now?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> ~Rebecca
>> :rbillings
>>

>>> HI Rebecca,
>>>
>>> I am from the Taipei QA Team, and I've been working on a alternative UI
>> for
>>> MozTrap (https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui) for some time. The
>>> problem here is that the owners of MozTrap has very limited bandwidth on
>>> maintaining it. So if they make a massive change to MozTrap, they may
>> face
>>> obstacles pushing the patch upstream.
>>>
>>> My suggestion is that we invite them to join our effort to create the new
>>> UI, we can expand the REST API together and create alternative views
>> using
>>> any frontend framework. This way, their efforts can go upstream and
>> benefit
>>> others.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Shing

>> for
>> post:
>>>>

>> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2015/02/10/tender-to-develop-and-incorporate-multi-language-support-for-ui-and-test-cases-within-moztrap-201502-01/
>> this a
>> done/are

Re: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Shing Lyu
Hi Ioana,

Sorry for the late response, the past week was Chinese New Year holidays.

Any kind of support from anyone is welcomed. I am just not very confident
about the readiness of the project so I don't want to make a scene too
early.

But yes,* if you know anyone or any group that are interested in helping
out, please give them this link: https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui
<https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui>. I can mentor (either on the
project or the upstream moztrap project). *

I'll make a public invitation to contribute in a few weeks, once I have the
introductory materials ready and the code cleaned up.

Thanks,
Shing

> Hey Shing,
> Did you think to open this call to contributor/volunteers ( aka Reps,
> non-employees Mozillians) ? We might find a person that will want to
> contribute constantly on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Ioana
>

> On 02/13/2015 11:52 AM, Shing Lyu wrote:
>
>> Hi Rebecca,
>>
>> I reached out to TDF yesterday to address my concern , they said they have
>> already contacted Cameron, everything seems quite promising right now.
>> I'll
>> keep in touch with them.
>>
>> Also I encourage all of you to join either the moztrap project itself or
>> help me on https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui, I have some very
>> easy one-off bugs for people with 15 min of free time. Let's make moztrap
>> better, one step at a time.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Shing

>>  Hi Shing-
>>>
>>> That's really great that you're working on moztrap. I'm pretty familiar
>>> with the bandwidth issues on the project. I agree with the risks you
>>> mentioned as well as your idea to contact them. Would you be willing to
>>> get
>>> in touch as you seem to be the main person actively working on moztrap
>>> right now?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> ~Rebecca
>>> :rbillings
>>>

>>>  HI Rebecca,

>>> for

>>> face

>>> using

>>> benefit

>>> incorporate-multi-language-support-for-ui-and-test-cases-
>>> within-moztrap-201502-01/

Shing Lyu
QA, Mozilla Taipei

Re: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

cameronjhdawson
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 11:05:58 PM UTC-8, Shing Lyu wrote:

> Hi Ioana,
>
> Sorry for the late response, the past week was Chinese New Year holidays.
>
> Any kind of support from anyone is welcomed. I am just not very confident
> about the readiness of the project so I don't want to make a scene too
> early.
>
> But yes,* if you know anyone or any group that are interested in helping
> out, please give them this link: https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui
> <https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui>. I can mentor (either on the
> project or the upstream moztrap project). *
>
> I'll make a public invitation to contribute in a few weeks, once I have the
> introductory materials ready and the code cleaned up.
>
> Thanks,
> Shing

> > Hey Shing,
> > Did you think to open this call to contributor/volunteers ( aka Reps,
> > non-employees Mozillians) ? We might find a person that will want to
> > contribute constantly on it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ioana
> >

> > On 02/13/2015 11:52 AM, Shing Lyu wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Rebecca,
> >>
> >> I reached out to TDF yesterday to address my concern , they said they have
> >> already contacted Cameron, everything seems quite promising right now.
> >> I'll
> >> keep in touch with them.
> >>
> >> Also I encourage all of you to join either the moztrap project itself or
> >> help me on https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui, I have some very
> >> easy one-off bugs for people with 15 min of free time. Let's make moztrap
> >> better, one step at a time.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Shing

> >>  Hi Shing-

> Shing Lyu
> QA, Mozilla Taipei

Hi Shing-- I took a look at your new ui.  Very streamlined!  This effort is awesome.  It will really open up the possibilities of streamlined workflows for specific purposes.  Thanks so much for doing this!

-Cameron Dawson [:camd]
The previously-mentioned MozTrap developer who is on other projects.  :)

Re: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Shing Lyu
Hi Cameron,

I have to thank you for taking time reviewing my PRs!

Thank you for the feedback, There are still many missing features and
obvious bugs. I'm deliberately leaving easy issues here and there to
attract people to join the project. Hope we can get a dogfood-able version
soon.

Cheers,
Shing

> On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 11:05:58 PM UTC-8, Shing Lyu wrote:
> > Hi Ioana,
> >
> > Sorry for the late response, the past week was Chinese New Year holidays.
> >
> > Any kind of support from anyone is welcomed. I am just not very confident
> > about the readiness of the project so I don't want to make a scene too
> > early.
> >
> > But yes,* if you know anyone or any group that are interested in helping
> > out, please give them this link:
> https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui
> > <https://github.com/shinglyu/moztrap-new-ui>. I can mentor (either on
> the
> > project or the upstream moztrap project). *
> >
> > I'll make a public invitation to contribute in a few weeks, once I have
> the
> > introductory materials ready and the code cleaned up.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shing

> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > > Hey Shing,
> > > Did you think to open this call to contributor/volunteers ( aka Reps,
> > > non-employees Mozillians) ? We might find a person that will want to
> > > contribute constantly on it.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ioana

> have

> or
> very
> moztrap

> familiar
> moztrap

> alternative UI

> time. The
> bandwidth on
> may

> the

> support

> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2015/02/10/tender-to-develop-and-

> volunteer

> > --
> > Shing Lyu
> > QA, Mozilla Taipei
>
> Hi Shing-- I took a look at your new ui.  Very streamlined!  This effort
> is awesome.  It will really open up the possibilities of streamlined
> workflows for specific purposes.  Thanks so much for doing this!
>
> -Cameron Dawson [:camd]
> The previously-mentioned MozTrap developer who is on other projects.  :)

Shing Lyu
QA, Mozilla Taipei

Re: Moztrap expansion by the TDF

Cameron Dawson
Shing—  That sounds like a great plan.  It’s nice to have some “low hanging fruit” for people to get started with contributing to the code-base.

MozTrap dev server is in an odd state right now.  But I’m working to push your changes to Stage: moztrap.allizom.org <http://moztrap.allizom.org/> today.  I’ll let you know.

:)
-Cam