Mozilla staff meetings

schrep-2
Howdy All,

Starting today we are going to us scheme similar to the FF2/Bonecho
meetings for the Mozilla.org staff meetings.  This means we'll publish
detailed status updates in the wiki prior to the meeting.   If you have
an update to discuss you can add your information here:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Staff/StatusMeetings

If there is no agenda item for your topic just go ahead and add it to
"Other Business" for now.  I'll try and make sure each week that the
main topic areas are filled out by folks prior to the meeting.

The goal here is to make these notes as readable as possible for those
who cannot attend the meeting and to spend more of the meeting time
discussing issues rather than reading status.

The wiki also contains the dial-in numbers and other logistics for the
meetings for anyone who wants to participate live.

The goal of these changes is to make it easier for everyone to keep pace
on important Mozilla project issues and to encourage the widest possible
participation.

If you have any suggestions/recommendations let's hear em!

Best,

Schrep

Re: Mozilla staff meetings

Daniel Cater
Mike Schroeper wrote:
> If you have any suggestions/recommendations let's hear em!
>
> Best,
>
> Schrep

Nice, one suggestion I have though is that it would be good to post here every
time new meeting notes are added, as it's awkward to check the page for updates.

Dan.

Re: Mozilla staff meetings

Mitchell Baker
I think we'll change the name as well, probably to Weekly Update or
something similar.  These are not mozilla.org staff meetings, they are
meetings of contributors.

mitchell

Mike Schroeper wrote:

> Howdy All,
>
> Starting today we are going to us scheme similar to the FF2/Bonecho
> meetings for the Mozilla.org staff meetings.  This means we'll publish
> detailed status updates in the wiki prior to the meeting.   If you have
> an update to discuss you can add your information here:
>
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Staff/StatusMeetings
>
> If there is no agenda item for your topic just go ahead and add it to
> "Other Business" for now.  I'll try and make sure each week that the
> main topic areas are filled out by folks prior to the meeting.
>
> The goal here is to make these notes as readable as possible for those
> who cannot attend the meeting and to spend more of the meeting time
> discussing issues rather than reading status.
>
> The wiki also contains the dial-in numbers and other logistics for the
> meetings for anyone who wants to participate live.
>
> The goal of these changes is to make it easier for everyone to keep pace
> on important Mozilla project issues and to encourage the widest possible
> participation.
>
> If you have any suggestions/recommendations let's hear em!
>
> Best,
>
> Schrep

Re: Mozilla staff meetings

Mike Beltzner
For Bon Echo we throw a meeting reminder note and link to the wiki
contents weekly, and the last time I did so I took an informal poll
of whether or not it was seen as useful, and the response was that
indeed it was. I also try to have it done around the same time every
day.

Do we have a person who's been tagged as "responsible" for ensuring
that the template gets generated and agenda populated every week?

cheers,
mike

On 27-Mar-06, at 1:22 PM, Daniel Cater wrote:

> Mike Schroeper wrote:
>> If you have any suggestions/recommendations let's hear em!
>> Best,
>> Schrep
>
> Nice, one suggestion I have though is that it would be good to post
> here every time new meeting notes are added, as it's awkward to
> check the page for updates.
>
> Dan.

RE: Mozilla staff meetings

schrep-2
Hey There,

This has all been moved to:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates

Mike

RE: Mozilla staff meetings

schrep-2
Yep - that person would be me for the time being.   I'll post a reminder of
the meeting/link to the notes in the newsgroup a little before the meeting.

Best,

Mike

Re: Mozilla staff meetings

Ben Goodger
Mike Schroeper wrote:
> If there is no agenda item for your topic just go ahead and add it to
> "Other Business" for now.  I'll try and make sure each week that the
> main topic areas are filled out by folks prior to the meeting.

Thanks for taking care of this!

-Ben