Mozilla.org CC License

Ken Saunders-4
Hi all,

This certainly isn't my area of expertise, but I noticed that the
Creative Commons license referred to at
http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/licensing/website-content.html is an
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) one.
At the bottom of that license's summary it notes,
"A new version of this license is available. You should use it for new
works, and you may want to relicense existing works under it. No works
are automatically put under the new license, however."

The updated/newer license is an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
(CC BY-SA 3.0) one.

I'm not sure if this is useful information or not, but I figured that
I'd through it out there just in case.

Ken

Re: Mozilla.org CC License

Gervase Markham
On 29/01/11 15:04, Ken Saunders wrote:
> This certainly isn't my area of expertise, but I noticed that the
> Creative Commons license referred to at
> http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/licensing/website-content.html is an
> Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) one.
> At the bottom of that license's summary it notes,
> "A new version of this license is available. You should use it for new
> works, and you may want to relicense existing works under it. No works
> are automatically put under the new license, however."
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

Hi Ken,

Thanks for this. Yes, we could change the text, but I at least am not
aware of significant bugs in CC v2 which means we should stop using it.

Gerv

Re: Mozilla.org CC License

Diane Peters-2
We recently updated our license version page to identify more clearly
the differences between license suites, fyi, for those of you
interested.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/License_versions

Diane

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Gervase Markham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29/01/11 15:04, Ken Saunders wrote:
>>
>> This certainly isn't my area of expertise, but I noticed that the
>> Creative Commons license referred to at
>> http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/licensing/website-content.html is an
>> Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) one.
>> At the bottom of that license's summary it notes,
>> "A new version of this license is available. You should use it for new
>> works, and you may want to relicense existing works under it. No works
>> are automatically put under the new license, however."
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> Thanks for this. Yes, we could change the text, but I at least am not aware
> of significant bugs in CC v2 which means we should stop using it.
>
> Gerv

Diane M. Peters, General Counsel
Creative Commons
171 Second St, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA  94105
office: +1 415-369-8480
fax: +1 415-278-9419
cell: +1 503-803-8338
skype:  peterspdx
email:[hidden email]
______________________________________

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be legal
advice nor should they be relied upon as, or represented to be legal
advice.  Creative Commons cannot and does not give legal advice. You
need to assess the suitability of Creative Commons tools for your
particular situation, which may include obtaining appropriate legal
advice from a licensed attorney.

Re: Mozilla.org CC License

Ken Saunders-4
Perhaps at least for consistency.
http://www.mozilla.com
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under
the
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License v3.0 or any later
version.
Should a bug be filed?
I'm not sure if David Boswell follows this list.

Ken

On 02/02/11 09:38, Ken Saunders wrote:
> Should a bug be filed?
> I'm not sure if David Boswell follows this list.

Yes, actually, please file a bug :-) Thanks.

Gerv