Mozilla opening with about:

Chuck Anderson
I've upgraded Mozilla to 1.7.12 (from 1.7.1) just to keep it up to date
(I use Firefox and TBird).  No matter what I tell it, it opens with the
Home Page I have selected (and told it open with in Preferences) *and*
it opens another tab with "about:" (and about says 1.7.1 ??).

Uhhh.  How do I make it stop doing that?  (I have Multizilla and have
removed about: from the session manager).

Re: Mozilla opening with about:

Tom  J

"Chuck Anderson" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> I've upgraded Mozilla to 1.7.12 (from 1.7.1) just to keep it up to
> date (I use Firefox and TBird).  No matter what I tell it, it opens
> with the Home Page I have selected (and told it open with in
> Preferences) *and* it opens another tab with "about:" (and about
> says 1.7.1 ??).
>
> Uhhh.  How do I make it stop doing that?  (I have Multizilla and
> have removed about: from the session manager).

Did you uninstall the 1.7.1 before installing the latest version?
That's the way I did it and don't have that problem.

Tom J

Tom J wrote:

>"Chuck Anderson" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>news:[hidden email]...
>

>>I've upgraded Mozilla to 1.7.12 (from 1.7.1) just to keep it up to
>>date (I use Firefox and TBird).  No matter what I tell it, it opens
>>with the Home Page I have selected (and told it open with in
>>Preferences) *and* it opens another tab with "about:" (and about
>>says 1.7.1 ??).
>>
>>Uhhh.  How do I make it stop doing that?  (I have Multizilla and
>>have removed about: from the session manager).
>>

>Did you uninstall the 1.7.1 before installing the latest version?
>That's the way I did it and don't have that problem.
>
>Tom J

Yep. The uninstall deleted the program folder, too.

Re: Mozilla opening with about:

Frank Wein
Chuck Anderson wrote:
> I've upgraded Mozilla to 1.7.12 (from 1.7.1) just to keep it up to date
> (I use Firefox and TBird).  No matter what I tell it, it opens with the
> Home Page I have selected (and told it open with in Preferences) *and*
> it opens another tab with "about:" (and about says 1.7.1 ??).
>
> Uhhh.  How do I make it stop doing that?  (I have Multizilla and have
> removed about: from the session manager).

Maybe Multizilla overwrote your User-Agent, can you check under
about:config the general.useragent.* preferences if there is anything
with Mozilla 1.7.1?

Frank

Re: Mozilla opening with about:

gwtc
Frank Wein wrote:

> Chuck Anderson wrote:
>
>>I've upgraded Mozilla to 1.7.12 (from 1.7.1) just to keep it up to date
>>(I use Firefox and TBird).  No matter what I tell it, it opens with the
>>Home Page I have selected (and told it open with in Preferences) *and*
>>it opens another tab with "about:" (and about says 1.7.1 ??).
>>
>>Uhhh.  How do I make it stop doing that?  (I have Multizilla and have
>>removed about: from the session manager).
>

> Maybe Multizilla overwrote your User-Agent, can you check under
> about:config the general.useragent.* preferences if there is anything
> with Mozilla 1.7.1?
>
> Frank
No, Multizilla *adds* to the UA, with:

general.useragent.vendor -- Multizilla
general.useragent.vendorSub -- 1.7.9.0a

Re: Mozilla opening with about:

CBFalconer
Chuck Anderson wrote:

... snip ...

> (Hey gwtc, that's some loooooooooooooooooooooooong Organization
> string you have in your post header.)

He has been asked politely to rein it in, and replied with a
figurative finger.  Apparently he only does it to annoy.

  the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article.  Click on

Chuck F. wrote:

> Chuck Anderson wrote:
>
> ... snip ...
>
>>(Hey gwtc, that's some loooooooooooooooooooooooong Organization
>>string you have in your post header.)
>

> He has been asked politely to rein it in, and replied with a
> figurative finger.  Apparently he only does it to annoy.

so whats your problem?  If you go back to where you got that posting,
then you'd find out why its there.