Mozilla languages:HELP!!!

Isabel del Pino
Hello, I would like to have several languages in Mozilla. But it doesn't
work.

I started including Czech:

1.- I copied cs-CZ.jar, cs-win.jar, cs-mac.jar, cs-unix.jar, CZ.jar in
Mozilla1.7.12/dist/bin/chrome.
2.- In the file Mozilla1.7.12/dist/bin/chrome/installed-chrome.txt I
copied the lines with en-US and US and wrote cs-CZ and CZ
3.- I compiled it

But Mozilla is still in English! What can I do?

Thanks

Re: Mozilla languages:HELP!!!

Rod Whiteley
Isabel del Pino wrote:
> ...I would like to have several languages in Mozilla...
>
> 3.- I compiled it...

You compiled it?  To register new chrome, you normally delete chrome.rdf
and the overlayinfo directory.  Alternatively, touch .autoreg in the
installation directory.

Then, to switch language either use -uilocale in the command or set the
general.useragent.locale preference.

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Mozilla languages:HELP!!!

Mark Tyndall
Rod Whiteley wrote:

> Isabel del Pino wrote:
>> ...I would like to have several languages in Mozilla...
>>
>> 3.- I compiled it...
>
> You compiled it?  To register new chrome, you normally delete chrome.rdf
> and the overlayinfo directory.  Alternatively, touch .autoreg in the
> installation directory.
>
> Then, to switch language either use -uilocale in the command or set the
> general.useragent.locale preference.

I'm certain that setting general.useragent.locale won't work - that's
controlled _by_ a language pack; it doesn't control the usage of a
language pack.

regards,
Mark..

--
British English localisations of:
SeaMonkey <http://www.tyndall.org.uk/moz_en-gb.html>

Re: Mozilla languages:HELP!!!

Isabel del Pino

Mark Tyndall a écrit :

> Rod Whiteley wrote:
>
>> Isabel del Pino wrote:
>>
>>> ...I would like to have several languages in Mozilla...
>>>
>>> 3.- I compiled it...
>>

>> You compiled it?  To register new chrome, you normally delete
>> chrome.rdf and the overlayinfo directory.  Alternatively, touch
>> .autoreg in the installation directory.
>>
>> Then, to switch language either use -uilocale in the command or set
>> the general.useragent.locale preference.
>

> I'm certain that setting general.useragent.locale won't work - that's
> controlled _by_ a language pack; it doesn't control the usage of a
> language pack.

So, wich preference should I set?

Thanks,
Isa