Mozilla/gecko headless what's the status ?

Mozilla/gecko headless what's the status ?

kohlerm
Hi,
There was some discussions in this group 2 years ago, about how to run
Mozilla/gecko in a headless enviroment.
There is now a commercial application available at
http://gecko.dynalivery.com/ that exactly supports this feature.

Is there a similiar feature in the standard Mozilla code line ?

Regards,
Markus

Re: Mozilla/gecko headless what's the status ?

Ben Hutchings
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> There was some discussions in this group 2 years ago, about how to run
> Mozilla/gecko in a headless enviroment.
> There is now a commercial application available at
> http://gecko.dynalivery.com/ that exactly supports this feature.
>
> Is there a similiar feature in the standard Mozilla code line ?

I have done this in a rather gross way on Unix by spawning a headless
X server (Xvfb).  My code isn't ready for release yet but it shouldn't
be that hard to reimplement.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings