Mozilla.exe Entry Point Not Found Error Message

Mozilla.exe Entry Point Not Found Error Message

John Reinders
Hi,

I have already done extensive searches of Google, Mozilla Knowledge Base
and this forum and I think this may be a new one.

This error only occurs with XP SP2, works fine in just XP. I receive
this message after installing Crescendo for Netscape/Mozilla......

Here is the full message.....

The procedure entry point ThunkConnect 32 could not be located in the
dynamic link library Kernell32.dll

Thanks as always for your help....

John

--
John Reinders
Hubley, NS

Please remember to remove  -removetoreply- when emailing me.

Re: Mozilla.exe Entry Point Not Found Error Message

Holger Metzger
John Reinders wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have already done extensive searches of Google, Mozilla Knowledge Base
> and this forum and I think this may be a new one.
>
> This error only occurs with XP SP2, works fine in just XP. I receive
> this message after installing Crescendo for Netscape/Mozilla......
>
> Here is the full message.....
>
> The procedure entry point ThunkConnect 32 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library Kernell32.dll
>
> Thanks as always for your help....

Hmm, that is interesting. Thunkconnect is responsible for handling
conversion between 16-bit and 32-bit Windows functions in Win9x. This
means that maybe you installed a Crescendo version that's not compatible.

--
Holger

Re: Mozilla.exe Entry Point Not Found Error Message

Robert Blair-2
John Reinders wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have already done extensive searches of Google, Mozilla Knowledge Base
> and this forum and I think this may be a new one.
>
> This error only occurs with XP SP2, works fine in just XP. I receive
> this message after installing Crescendo for Netscape/Mozilla......
>
> Here is the full message.....
>
> The procedure entry point ThunkConnect 32 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library Kernell32.dll
>
> Thanks as always for your help....

I thought Crescendo was defunct.  Was this an old version or a new
one?

--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/>

complies with Web standards.  See <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>.

Holger Metzger wrote:

> John Reinders wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have already done extensive searches of Google, Mozilla Knowledge Base
>>and this forum and I think this may be a new one.
>>
>>This error only occurs with XP SP2, works fine in just XP. I receive
>>this message after installing Crescendo for Netscape/Mozilla......
>>
>>Here is the full message.....
>>
>>The procedure entry point ThunkConnect 32 could not be located in the
>>dynamic link library Kernell32.dll
>>
>>Thanks as always for your help....
>

> Hmm, that is interesting. Thunkconnect is responsible for handling
> conversion between 16-bit and 32-bit Windows functions in Win9x. This
> means that maybe you installed a Crescendo version that's not compatible.

Hi,

Actually the last version of Crescendo, for Win95/98/ME works perfectly
in XP prior to Service Pack 2......Not a glitch

The other problem is that there is no really good replacement plugin for
Mozilla, to handle just midi files......

Anyone have any suggestions......

David Ross wrote:

> John Reinders wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have already done extensive searches of Google, Mozilla Knowledge Base
>>and this forum and I think this may be a new one.
>>
>>This error only occurs with XP SP2, works fine in just XP. I receive
>>this message after installing Crescendo for Netscape/Mozilla......
>>
>>Here is the full message.....
>>
>>The procedure entry point ThunkConnect 32 could not be located in the
>>dynamic link library Kernell32.dll
>>
>>Thanks as always for your help....
>>

> I thought Crescendo was defunct.  Was this an old version or a new
> one?

See my response to Holger......

--
John Reinders
Hubley, NS

Please remember to remove  -removetoreply- when emailing me.

Re: Mozilla.exe Entry Point Not Found Error Message

Philip Chee
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:33:56 -0300, John Reinders wrote:

> The other problem is that there is no really good replacement plugin for
> Mozilla, to handle just midi files......

> Anyone have any suggestions......

This isn't a perfect fit for your requirements but have a look at:

<http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=4422>
"Win32 MCI MIDI Plugin discussion"

Perhaps you could contact the author about your requirements?

Phil
--
Philip Chee <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

John Reinders wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have already done extensive searches of Google, Mozilla Knowledge Base
> and this forum and I think this may be a new one.
>
> This error only occurs with XP SP2, works fine in just XP. I receive
> this message after installing Crescendo for Netscape/Mozilla......
>
> Here is the full message.....
>
> The procedure entry point ThunkConnect 32 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library Kernell32.dll
>
> Thanks as always for your help....
>
> John

Hi, I found the answer.....

The Crescendo Max Universal plugin, which is still available at...

http://www.armadilloweb.com/Crescendo/crescendo_download.shtml

Is the one that will work properly with all versions of
Windows.......The only thing to remember is to not install the
LiveUpdate Stream Key.

Thanks again, John

--
John Reinders
Hubley, NS

Please remember to remove  -removetoreply- when emailing me.

Re: Mozilla.exe Entry Point Not Found Error Message

gwtc
John Reinders wrote:

> John Reinders wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have already done extensive searches of Google, Mozilla Knowledge
>> Base and this forum and I think this may be a new one.
>>
>> This error only occurs with XP SP2, works fine in just XP. I receive
>> this message after installing Crescendo for Netscape/Mozilla......
>>
>> Here is the full message.....
>>
>> The procedure entry point ThunkConnect 32 could not be located in the
>> dynamic link library Kernell32.dll
>>
>> Thanks as always for your help....
>>
>> John
>>

> Hi, I found the answer.....
>
> The Crescendo Max Universal plugin, which is still available at...
>
> http://www.armadilloweb.com/Crescendo/crescendo_download.shtml
>
> Is the one that will work properly with all versions of
> Windows.......The only thing to remember is to not install the
> LiveUpdate Stream Key.
>
> Thanks again, John

Thanks for that link

gwtc