Mozilla Seamonkey

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mozilla Seamonkey

Zachary-2
Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?

_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Lewis Rosenthal
On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote :
> Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?
>
Latest trunk is 1.5a. The 1.0 beta is also available.

SeaMonkey is a current, active project, gaining users regularly. In
fact, I find rendering to be much faster with SeaMonkey than FF, and
prefer an integrated suite vs the separate apps (many people do). Grab a
nightly build and enjoy. And please don't forget to post feedback and
bug reports (if necessary).

--
Lewis
------------------------------------------------------------
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
   New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com
Novell Users International        www.novell.com/linux/truth
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?               www.hautspot.com
------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Lewis Rosenthal
In reply to this post by Zachary-2
On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote :
> Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?
>
Oh, and some links for you, Zachary:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Home_Page
http://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:FAQ
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
http://dev.seamonkey.at/

--
Lewis
------------------------------------------------------------
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
   New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com
Novell Users International        www.novell.com/linux/truth
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?               www.hautspot.com
------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Lewis Rosenthal
In reply to this post by Zachary-2
On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote :
> Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?
>
Oops... Missed an (the most?) important one:

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/

--
Lewis
------------------------------------------------------------
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
   New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com
Novell Users International        www.novell.com/linux/truth
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?               www.hautspot.com
------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Robert Kaiser
In reply to this post by Lewis Rosenthal
Lewis Rosenthal schrieb:
> On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote :
>> Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?
>>
> Latest trunk is 1.5a. The 1.0 beta is also available.

Partly wrong. You imply those would be releases, and they aren't. They
are just nightly builds right now.

> SeaMonkey is a current, active project, gaining users regularly.

The first two are correct for sure, I hope the third is as well ;-)

And, BTW, it's NOT "Mozilla SeaMonkey". It's just "SeaMonkey". We are a
mozilla.org project, but we can't use the "Mozilla" name/trademark in
our name. We have our own name, which is in the process of becoming a
trademark :)

Robert Kaiser
SeaMonkey Council member
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Lewis Rosenthal
On 12/02/2005 05:23 pm, Robert Kaiser thus wrote :
> Lewis Rosenthal schrieb:
>> On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote :
>>> Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?
>>>
>> Latest trunk is 1.5a. The 1.0 beta is also available.
>
> Partly wrong. You imply those would be releases, and they aren't. They
> are just nightly builds right now.
>
Sorry, Robert. I didn't mean to imply that they are releases, merely
builds. The question was whether SeaMonkey would be pursued beyond 1.0
alpha 1. There are indeed builds available which are newer than that,
even if they are not "releases."

>> SeaMonkey is a current, active project, gaining users regularly.
>
> The first two are correct for sure, I hope the third is as well ;-)
>
Seems to be in my experience. I'm meeting more people online who are
using SeaMonkey vs the standalone 'zillas. In fact, at client sites, I'm
seriously considering installing SeaMonkey vs the Suite in the very near
future, as my personal experience is that most of the nightlies are
quite stable.

> And, BTW, it's NOT "Mozilla SeaMonkey". It's just "SeaMonkey". We are a
> mozilla.org project, but we can't use the "Mozilla" name/trademark in
> our name. We have our own name, which is in the process of becoming a
> trademark :)
>
Now that is a good point to bear in mind; thanks for mentioning it. ;-)

--
Lewis
------------------------------------------------------------
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
   New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com
Novell Users International        www.novell.com/linux/truth
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?               www.hautspot.com
------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Leonidas Jones
Lewis Rosenthal wrote:

> On 12/02/2005 05:23 pm, Robert Kaiser thus wrote :
>> Lewis Rosenthal schrieb:
>>> On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote :
>>>> Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?
>>>>
>>> Latest trunk is 1.5a. The 1.0 beta is also available.
>>
>> Partly wrong. You imply those would be releases, and they aren't. They
>> are just nightly builds right now.
>>
> Sorry, Robert. I didn't mean to imply that they are releases, merely
> builds. The question was whether SeaMonkey would be pursued beyond 1.0
> alpha 1. There are indeed builds available which are newer than that,
> even if they are not "releases."
>
>>> SeaMonkey is a current, active project, gaining users regularly.
>>
>> The first two are correct for sure, I hope the third is as well ;-)
>>
> Seems to be in my experience. I'm meeting more people online who are
> using SeaMonkey vs the standalone 'zillas. In fact, at client sites, I'm
> seriously considering installing SeaMonkey vs the Suite in the very near
> future, as my personal experience is that most of the nightlies are
> quite stable.
>
>> And, BTW, it's NOT "Mozilla SeaMonkey". It's just "SeaMonkey". We are
>> a mozilla.org project, but we can't use the "Mozilla" name/trademark
>> in our name. We have our own name, which is in the process of becoming
>> a trademark :)
>>
> Now that is a good point to bear in mind; thanks for mentioning it. ;-)
>

I'll bear out Lewis's observation.  There is a definite block of people
who want the suite approach.  There are a lot of people using Moz 1.7.12
who are eagerly awaiting a SeaMonkey release.

By the way, the new artwork is very classy.

Robert, if I might ask, will the LCARSTrek theme be updated for
SeaMonkey?  Its my wife's favorite.

Lee
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Robert Kaiser
Leonidas Jones schrieb:
> I'll bear out Lewis's observation.  There is a definite block of people
> who want the suite approach.  There are a lot of people using Moz 1.7.12
> who are eagerly awaiting a SeaMonkey release.

Nice to hear :)

> By the way, the new artwork is very classy.

Thanks!

> Robert, if I might ask, will the LCARSTrek theme be updated for
> SeaMonkey?  Its my wife's favorite.

Sure. I'll create new versions of EarlyBlue and LCARStrek as soon as I
have time for them... I'll stick with aligning their version numbers
with the Gecko numbers though, so the next version will be 1.8 :)

Robert Kaiser
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Stan-7
In reply to this post by Leonidas Jones
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Lewis Rosenthal wrote:
>
>> On 12/02/2005 05:23 pm, Robert Kaiser thus wrote :
>>
>>> Lewis Rosenthal schrieb:
>>>
>>>> On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote :
>>>>
>>>>> Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1?
>>>>>
>>>> Latest trunk is 1.5a. The 1.0 beta is also available.
>>>
>>>
>>> Partly wrong. You imply those would be releases, and they aren't.
>>> They are just nightly builds right now.
>>>
>> Sorry, Robert. I didn't mean to imply that they are releases, merely
>> builds. The question was whether SeaMonkey would be pursued beyond 1.0
>> alpha 1. There are indeed builds available which are newer than that,
>> even if they are not "releases."
>>
>>>> SeaMonkey is a current, active project, gaining users regularly.
>>>
>>>
>>> The first two are correct for sure, I hope the third is as well ;-)
>>>
>> Seems to be in my experience. I'm meeting more people online who are
>> using SeaMonkey vs the standalone 'zillas. In fact, at client sites,
>> I'm seriously considering installing SeaMonkey vs the Suite in the
>> very near future, as my personal experience is that most of the
>> nightlies are quite stable.
>>
>>> And, BTW, it's NOT "Mozilla SeaMonkey". It's just "SeaMonkey". We are
>>> a mozilla.org project, but we can't use the "Mozilla" name/trademark
>>> in our name. We have our own name, which is in the process of
>>> becoming a trademark :)
>>>
>> Now that is a good point to bear in mind; thanks for mentioning it. ;-)
>>
>
> I'll bear out Lewis's observation.  There is a definite block of people
> who want the suite approach.  There are a lot of people using Moz 1.7.12
> who are eagerly awaiting a SeaMonkey release.
>
> By the way, the new artwork is very classy.
>
> Robert, if I might ask, will the LCARSTrek theme be updated for
> SeaMonkey?  Its my wife's favorite.
>
> Lee

I'm one of those using Mozilla 1.7.12 and awaiting SeaMonkey release.
Been using the "suite" since 1997 and hope to continue using it for a
long time.

Stan
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

nomax-3
Stan wrote:
> I'm one of those using Mozilla 1.7.12 and awaiting SeaMonkey release.

Same here. At the office, Mozilla 1.7.12 is installed on all PCs (except
the boss who's using MSIE/Thunderbird combo but heh, he's the boss.).
As soon as SeaMonkey reaches 1.0, it will replace Mozilla at the office.
Home, I'm using latest trunk build of course.

Greetz SM users!
                 Nomax.

--
Arcade Belgium - http://www.arcadebelgium.be/
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Zachary-2
what's the diffrence between mozilla 1.7.12 and seamonkey?

_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Justin Wood (Callek)
Zachary wrote:
> what's the diffrence between mozilla 1.7.12 and seamonkey?
>

SeaMonkey is what would have been Mozilla 1.8, though it is no longer
managed/run by the Mozilla Organization/Foundation.

"Mozilla Suite" is discontinued, though its design/code is being
continued/updated with SeaMonkey by the Community, and a select group of
"Council" members. (the council is for seamonkey what
[hidden email] is for firefox)

~Justin Wood (Callek)

p.s. Kairo/Ctho/etc correct me if I mis-spoke on anything above
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Zachary-2
who is it managed and run by if it is not the mozilla organization?

_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mozilla Seamonkey

Leonidas Jones
Zachary wrote:
> who is it managed and run by if it is not the mozilla organization?
>

See here for more information:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/news.html

http://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Home_Page

Lee
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey