Mozilla Scheduled Maintenance November 25 at 5pm PST

Mozilla Scheduled Maintenance November 25 at 5pm PST

Dave Miller
On Friday, November 25th, we will be cutting over to new faster Internet
uplinks and new firewalls in the Meer collocation facility.  This is to
increase security and capacity to support our core infrastructure.

The upgrade affects many services, including Bugzilla, Bonsai,
Tinderbox, LXR, CVS, mozilla.org mail, mozillafoundation.org mail,
Mozilla Developer Center, the wikis, IRC, the Report a Broken Website
tool, and the mailing lists.  We will do everything possible to minimize
downtime and impact to users, but we anticipate some effect when we do
the final cutover and failover testing.  During the outage window, we
will also be rebooting several of the servers in order to install some
pending upgrades.

We will start this work at 5pm PST (1am UTC Saturday) and will be done
by 7pm PST (3am UTC).  Expect sporadic access to any Internet facing
infrastructure during this time.

Once complete we will be performing a full suite of tests to ensure
stability and functionality.  We will send out an update when we have
completed the work.  If you see any issues relating to the upgrade after
7pm, please email [hidden email] or [hidden email], or
comment on the #bmo channel on irc.mozilla.org.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/