Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/8-12/2006, Tinderbox Migration

Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/8-12/2006, Tinderbox Migration

Justin Fitzhugh
Starting tomorrow, we will begin the migration of all Tinderboxen in
Meer to virtual machines.  Tinderboxen will be done in groups and
expected downtime is 24 hours per group.  We will keep all of the
performance Tinderboxen up and running in parallel to evaluate how they
run in a VM environment (argo, gaius, prometheus, pacifica, btek,
creature, beast).

Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with
the planned maintenance. Feel free to email [hidden email] if you see
issues past the planned downtime.

--
Justin Fitzhugh
Director, IT - Mozilla Corporation

Re: Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/8-12/2006, Tinderbox Migration

Boris Zbarsky
Justin Fitzhugh wrote:
> Starting tomorrow, we will begin the migration of all Tinderboxen in
> Meer to virtual machines.  Tinderboxen will be done in groups and
> expected downtime is 24 hours per group.  We will keep all of the
> performance Tinderboxen up and running in parallel to evaluate how they
> run in a VM environment (argo, gaius, prometheus, pacifica, btek,
> creature, beast).

What about luna, comet, planetoid, lhasa, atlantia (trunk and branch), sparky,
fireball?

Also, if balsa is going to be offline for 24 hours, make sure the tree is closed
during that time, ok?

Thanks,
-Boris

Re: Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/8-12/2006, Tinderbox Migration

Robert Kaiser
Boris Zbarsky schrieb:
> What about luna, comet, planetoid, lhasa, atlantia (trunk and branch),
> sparky, fireball?
>
> Also, if balsa is going to be offline for 24 hours, make sure the tree
> is closed during that time, ok?

Those machines may be at the office and not in Meer...
(At least I seem to remember that this was the case for lhasa)

Robert Kaiser

Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Those machines may be at the office and not in Meer...

OK.  I'm not sure how to tell by looking at a tinderbox where it lives
physically, so....

-Boris