Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/4/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT

Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/4/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT

Justin Fitzhugh
We will have a scheduled downtime window this coming Thursday from 7pm
to 10pm PDT. The following changes will take place:

* 7pm PDT - CVS migration. We will be migrating the CVS server to new
hardware for increased reliability and performance.  We expect no more
than 15-30 minutes of downtime, but intermittent service is possible for
the entire maintenance window.
* 7pm PST - Security patching.  In an effort to keep systems up to date
and patched against the latest vulnerabilities, we'll be patching and
rebooting some of our servers.  Expected downtime is 5-10 minutes per
host.  Affected hosts/services are:  dm-stage01, talkback, mrdb01/02
(bugzilla, firefoxflicks, reporter), bully, lode, obelix, pinwheel,
ringring, trampoline, dingbat, star.

Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with
the planned maintenance. Feel free to email [hidden email] if you see
issues past the planned downtime.

Thanks,
-Justin

Re: Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/4/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT

gwtc-4
Justin Fitzhugh wrote:

>Affected hosts/services are:  dm-stage01, talkback, mrdb01/02
> (bugzilla, firefoxflicks, reporter), bully, lode, obelix, pinwheel,
> ringring, trampoline, dingbat, star.

I know what most of those are but what pray-tell is a bully, pinwheel,
ringring, trampoline and a dingbat?

--
How to Get a Life
Difficulty Level: Hard

Re: Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/4/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT

Jay Patel-4
dingbat = Talkback db server, not sure about the rest.

jay wrote:

> dingbat = Talkback db server, not sure about the rest.

thanks

--
How to Get a Life
Difficulty Level: Hard

Re: Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/4/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT

Dave Miller-2
In article <[hidden email]>, gwtc
<TheNewGWTC@n375c4p3.n37> wrote:

> Justin Fitzhugh wrote:
>
> >Affected hosts/services are:  dm-stage01, talkback, mrdb01/02
> > (bugzilla, firefoxflicks, reporter), bully, lode, obelix, pinwheel,
> > ringring, trampoline, dingbat, star.
> >

> I know what most of those are but what pray-tell is a bully, pinwheel,
> ringring, trampoline and a dingbat?

bully, pinwheel, ringring, and trampoline are internal servers at the
corporate office.  Not sure why they got included in the public notice.
:)

--
Dave Miller                                    http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation       http://www.mozilla.com/

Re: Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 5/4/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT

Robert Blair-2

Should not this have also been posted at mozilla.announce?

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
into your E-mail?  Use PGP.
See my <http://www.rossde.com/PGP/>