Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 3/9/2006, 7pm - 9pm PST

Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 3/9/2006, 7pm - 9pm PST

Justin Fitzhugh
Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 3/9/2006, 7pm - 9pm PST

We will have a scheduled downtime window this coming Thursday from 7pm
to 9pm PST. The following changes will take place:

* 7pm PST - irc.mozilla.org will be upgraded to bring the software to a
current version. Expected downtime is 30 minutes and should be isolated
to irc.mozilla.org.
* 7pm PST - OSL LVS cluster setting update. We are tuning LVS parameters
for better performance and capacity in the OSL LVS cluster. Addons, AUS,
PFS and any other services hosted in the OSL cluster could be effected.
Expected downtime is less than 10 minutes.
* 8pm PST - DNS architecture update. In preparation for the migration to
global DNS services, we will be migrating our internal DNS servers to
new machines. Only internal DNS service should be effected although
various web applications and other services that rely on DNS could be
effected. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with
the planned maintenance. Please email [hidden email] if you see
issues past the planned downtime.

--
Justin Fitzhugh
Director, IT - Mozilla Corporation