Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 2/7/2006, 7pm - 12pm PST

Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 2/7/2006, 7pm - 12pm PST

Justin Fitzhugh
We will have a scheduled downtime window this coming Tuesday from 7pm to
12pm PST.  The Mozilla changes will be from 7-11pm and our colocation
provider has a window from 11-12pm PST.  The following changes will take
place:

*  7pm PST - all Meer servers will be rebooted for kernel security
updates.  This will effect all non-clustered applications running out of
Meer, but should be short outages (5-10 minutes each).  Total downtime
for all servers should be 2 hours.

*  8pm PST - the database server for firefoxflicks, spreadfirefox and
bouncer will be migrated to a redundant and larger machines.  We will
put up appropriate maintenance pages so users know we are in planned
maintenance.  Expected downtime is 30 minutes.

*  9pm PST - all OSL servers will be rebooted for kernel security
updates.  This will effect all non-clustered applications running out of
OSL, but should be short outages (5-10 minutes).  Total downtime for all
servers should be 2 hours.

* 10pm PST - network failover.  We will be testing the automatic
failover of our Meer firewalls in preparation for the network
maintenance at 11pm.  There is no expected user impact, but there is a
possibility of loss of network connectivity.

* 11pm PST - Meer network upgrade.  Meer colocation will be upgrading
routing cards in their router effecting ALL Internet traffic to the Meer
colocation facility (including w.m.c, w.m.o, irc.m.o, etc) .  They
expect the downtime to be 5 minutes.

Please let me know if you have any reason why we cannot/should not
proceed.  We will be onsite at OSL and Meer should we have any problems.
 Please email [hidden email] if you see issues past the planned
downtime window.

--
Justin Fitzhugh
Director, IT - Mozilla Corporation