Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Andy-66
I had installed the new version of fire fox and did not like it as the
font's for the menu bar and book marks bar were not as sharp and clear as
the old verison 51. whatever it was:)
Does any one know how to get the new version to display the fonts for those
items sharp and clear again?
thanks
--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Ray_Net
Andy wrote on 18-03-17 07:23:
> I had installed the new version of fire fox and did not like it as the
> font's for the menu bar and book marks bar were not as sharp and clear as
> the old verison 51. whatever it was:)
> Does any one know how to get the new version to display the fonts for those
> items sharp and clear again?
> thanks
I just update it to see your problem - AND I don't have this problem -
fonts are sharp - I see no difference with the old version

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Ed Mullen-10
On 3/18/2017 at 2:23 AM, Andy's prodigious digits fired off with great
aplomb:
> I had installed the new version of fire fox and did not like it as the
> font's for the menu bar and book marks bar were not as sharp and clear as
> the old verison 51. whatever it was:)
> Does any one know how to get the new version to display the fonts for those
> items sharp and clear again?
> thanks

Not seeing that here.  Try turning off hardware acceleration and/or
updating your video drivers.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

EE-2
Andy wrote:
> I had installed the new version of fire fox and did not like it as the
> font's for the menu bar and book marks bar were not as sharp and clear as
> the old verison 51. whatever it was:)
> Does any one know how to get the new version to display the fonts for those
> items sharp and clear again?
> thanks

In about:config, use "gfx.use_text_smoothing_setting" set to true.  That
should improve the appearance of fonts.

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Andy-66
I will give this a try thanks

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"EE" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Andy wrote:
>> I had installed the new version of fire fox and did not like it as the
>> font's for the menu bar and book marks bar were not as sharp and clear as
>> the old verison 51. whatever it was:)
>> Does any one know how to get the new version to display the fonts for
>> those
>> items sharp and clear again?
>> thanks
>>
> In about:config, use "gfx.use_text_smoothing_setting" set to true.  That
> should improve the appearance of fonts.

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Andy-66
Did not work the problem is not the fonts in the browers it self ie web
pages its the menu font like bookmarks file ect and the fonts on the
bookmarks tool bar ect.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"EE" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Andy wrote:
>> I had installed the new version of fire fox and did not like it as the
>> font's for the menu bar and book marks bar were not as sharp and clear as
>> the old verison 51. whatever it was:)
>> Does any one know how to get the new version to display the fonts for
>> those
>> items sharp and clear again?
>> thanks
>>
> In about:config, use "gfx.use_text_smoothing_setting" set to true.  That
> should improve the appearance of fonts.

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

WaltS48-5
On 3/19/17 4:49 AM, Andy wrote:
> Did not work the problem is not the fonts in the browers it self ie web
> pages its the menu font like bookmarks file ect and the fonts on the
> bookmarks tool bar ect.

Can you create a screen shot and post the link?

--
Go Gonzaga and WVU! Only one can continue! Go Gonzaga!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Wayne Mery
On 3/18/17 2:23 AM, Andy wrote:
> I had installed the new version of fire fox and did not like it as the
> font's for the menu bar and book marks bar were not as sharp and clear as
> the old verison 51. whatever it was:)
> Does any one know how to get the new version to display the fonts for those
> items sharp and clear again?
> thanks

Maybe give it some time.  I think there were cleartype issues.

Re: Mozilla Fire Fox Version 52.0 ESR Edtion

Andy-66
That sounds like it how does one test to see if that is the issue?

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
news:[hidden email]...