Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

David Bolter
Hi all.

This is a feeler.

I'm looking into booking a summit/retreat for those passionate about
helping Mozilla provide a rich accessible web experience. There is an
opportunity to reserve some cabins in the beautiful Muskokas here in
Ontario Canada:
http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/vision-support/summer-programs/lake-joseph/

The week of September the 24th (24-28) is currently available and if I
can get an idea of how many people might be interested I can proceed
with negotiations. So please respond if you think you are available
during this period. Once I get more information from you and from the
Lake Joseph Centre I will let you know if this is viable.

Also, we might want to consider booking the whole week for an open
desktop accessibility (full stack) summit. This would allow us to cut a
vertical slice through all the issues, from hardware, up into the
desktop, and internet, and back again to AT. Note the Boston Summit
might be a better place to put this larger summit; I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

cheers,
David

Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

Peter Korn-2
Hi David,

I have no idea whether Sun's Beijing accessibility folks would otherwise
be in a position to attend, but I know that the process for getting
Visas can be quite lengthy in China.  September 24th may not be far
enough away for that to work.  In case it is not, can you look into
other times, further out, that might also work for a retreat?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

> Hi all.
>
> This is a feeler.
>
> I'm looking into booking a summit/retreat for those passionate about
> helping Mozilla provide a rich accessible web experience. There is an
> opportunity to reserve some cabins in the beautiful Muskokas here in
> Ontario Canada:
> http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/vision-support/summer-programs/lake-joseph/
>
> The week of September the 24th (24-28) is currently available and if I
> can get an idea of how many people might be interested I can proceed
> with negotiations. So please respond if you think you are available
> during this period. Once I get more information from you and from the
> Lake Joseph Centre I will let you know if this is viable.
>
> Also, we might want to consider booking the whole week for an open
> desktop accessibility (full stack) summit. This would allow us to cut a
> vertical slice through all the issues, from hardware, up into the
> desktop, and internet, and back again to AT. Note the Boston Summit
> might be a better place to put this larger summit; I'm not sure.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> cheers,
> David

Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

David Bolter
Hi Peter,

Unfortunately I discovered this morning that the Lake Joseph Centre
would be closing for renovation October 1st of this year. I tried for
the latest date I could.

We absolutely want the Beijing a11y folks if they can come. I can look
into other venues, but it would be good to know if a later date is
required as soon as possible. This might also be an issue for Surkov and
others.  Surkov do you need more time?

cheers,
David

Peter Korn wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I have no idea whether Sun's Beijing accessibility folks would
> otherwise be in a position to attend, but I know that the process for
> getting Visas can be quite lengthy in China.  September 24th may not
> be far enough away for that to work.  In case it is not, can you look
> into other times, further out, that might also work for a retreat?
>

> Regards,
>
> Peter Korn
> Accessibility Architect,
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> This is a feeler.
>>
>> I'm looking into booking a summit/retreat for those passionate about
>> helping Mozilla provide a rich accessible web experience. There is an
>> opportunity to reserve some cabins in the beautiful Muskokas here in
>> Ontario Canada:
>> http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/vision-support/summer-programs/lake-joseph/
>>

>> The week of September the 24th (24-28) is currently available and if
>> I can get an idea of how many people might be interested I can
>> proceed with negotiations. So please respond if you think you are
>> available during this period. Once I get more information from you
>> and from the Lake Joseph Centre I will let you know if this is viable.
>>
>> Also, we might want to consider booking the whole week for an open
>> desktop accessibility (full stack) summit. This would allow us to cut
>> a vertical slice through all the issues, from hardware, up into the
>> desktop, and internet, and back again to AT. Note the Boston Summit
>> might be a better place to put this larger summit; I'm not sure.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> cheers,
>> David

Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

Ginn Chen
Hi David,

It usually takes about 2-4 weeks to get US visa in China.
I'm don't know how long does Canada visa take.
Should be similar.

It's good to have a summit.

Thanks,

Ginn

On Jul 11, 2007, at 1:58 AM, David Bolter wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Unfortunately I discovered this morning that the Lake Joseph Centre
> would be closing for renovation October 1st of this year. I tried for
> the latest date I could.
>
> We absolutely want the Beijing a11y folks if they can come. I can look
> into other venues, but it would be good to know if a later date is
> required as soon as possible. This might also be an issue for
> Surkov and
> others.  Surkov do you need more time?
>
> cheers,
> David
>
> Peter Korn wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I have no idea whether Sun's Beijing accessibility folks would
>> otherwise be in a position to attend, but I know that the process for
>> getting Visas can be quite lengthy in China.  September 24th may not
>> be far enough away for that to work.  In case it is not, can you look
>> into other times, further out, that might also work for a retreat?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter Korn
>> Accessibility Architect,
>> Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> This is a feeler.
>>>
>>> I'm looking into booking a summit/retreat for those passionate about
>>> helping Mozilla provide a rich accessible web experience. There
>>> is an
>>> opportunity to reserve some cabins in the beautiful Muskokas here in
>>> Ontario Canada:
>>> http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/vision-support/summer-programs/
>>> lake-joseph/
>>>

>>> The week of September the 24th (24-28) is currently available and if
>>> I can get an idea of how many people might be interested I can
>>> proceed with negotiations. So please respond if you think you are
>>> available during this period. Once I get more information from you
>>> and from the Lake Joseph Centre I will let you know if this is
>>> viable.
>>>
>>> Also, we might want to consider booking the whole week for an open
>>> desktop accessibility (full stack) summit. This would allow us to
>>> cut
>>> a vertical slice through all the issues, from hardware, up into the
>>> desktop, and internet, and back again to AT. Note the Boston Summit
>>> might be a better place to put this larger summit; I'm not sure.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> David

--------
Ginn Chen
Software Engineer, Browser Team
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Phone: x82869 / +86-10-62673869
Fax: +86-10-62780969

Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

Alexander Surkov
On 10    , 21:58, David Bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Unfortunately I discovered this morning that the Lake Joseph Centre
> would be closing for renovation October 1st of this year. I tried for
> the latest date I could.
>
> We absolutely want the Beijing a11y folks if they can come. I can look
> into other venues, but it would be good to know if a later date is
> required as soon as possible. This might also be an issue for Surkov and
> others.  Surkov do you need more time?

The visa getting process takes 15 days marginally. But it can take a
six week. So if I start a visa getting proccess right now then I can
get it until end of August. So I have a month before I'll buy tickets
and theoretically I will be in time.

Alexander.