MozJS 38

Sean Stangl
Thanks to some prodding from Nicolas, I've packaged up the MozJS standalone
release from the ESR38 branch.

https://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-38.2.1.rc0.tar.bz2

All feedback welcome!

-Sean

Re: MozJS 38

Tom Schuster
Can you post the SHA256 and MD5 hashes?

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Sean Stangl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks to some prodding from Nicolas, I've packaged up the MozJS standalone
> release from the ESR38 branch.
>
> https://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-38.2.1.rc0.tar.bz2
>
> All feedback welcome!
>
> -Sean

Re: MozJS 38

Sean Stangl
mozjs-38.2.1.rc0.tar.bz2:

SHA256: 01994c758174bc173bcf4960f05ecb4da21014f09641a63b2952bbf9eeaa8b5c
MD5: cb602e21f5fc798b88163a3aa4e03e0a

-Sean

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Tom Schuster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you post the SHA256 and MD5 hashes?
>
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Sean Stangl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to some prodding from Nicolas, I've packaged up the MozJS
>> standalone
>> release from the ESR38 branch.
>>
>> https://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-38.2.1.rc0.tar.bz2
>>
>> All feedback welcome!
>>
>> -Sean

Re: MozJS 38

markus.moenig
On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 3:51:41 AM UTC+7, Sean Stangl wrote:
> Thanks to some prodding from Nicolas, I've packaged up the MozJS standalone
> release from the ESR38 branch.
>
> https://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-38.2.1.rc0.tar.bz2
>
> All feedback welcome!
>
> -Sean

Great news, thank you!

Re: MozJS 38

VerGreeneyes
On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 10:51:41 PM UTC+2, Sean Stangl wrote:
> Thanks to some prodding from Nicolas, I've packaged up the MozJS standalone
> release from the ESR38 branch.
>
> https://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-38.2.1.rc0.tar.bz2
>
> All feedback welcome!
>
> -Sean

The current release doesn't work on Windows, because it's missing NSPR (and some possibly related things, like zlib). sfink has been working on fixing things up, and a working package can be found here:

http://people.mozilla.org/~sfink/data/mozjs-38.3.0sfink2.tar.bz2

(but this should probably be seen as a temporary measure)

Re: MozJS 38

markus.moenig
Is Windows 10 / VisualStudio 15 a supported platform ?

mozilla-build at least has some launcher scripts for it.

Anyway I get the below if I try to configure.

---

checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking target system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for perl5... no
checking for perl... /bin/perl
checking for python2.7... /c/mozilla-build/python/python2.7
configure: error: Unable to find Virtualenv population script. In order
to build, you will need mozilla-central's virtualenv.

If you are building from a mozilla-central checkout, you should never see this
message. If you are building from a source archive, the source archive was
likely not created properly (it is missing the virtualenv files).

If you have a copy of mozilla-central available, define the
MOZILLA_CENTRAL_PATH environment variable to the top source directory of
mozilla-central and relaunch configure.

---

Thanks

Re: MozJS 38

Terrence Cole-3
The most recent information I have (a couple months old now) is that we're
still targeting VS13 and haven't got the kinks worked out of VS15 yet. I'm
using the VS13 environment shipped with mozilla-build 2.0 and it builds
fine.