Moving away from autoconf

Mike Hommey
Hi,

We are, officially, and starting today with the landing of bug 1250294,
moving away from autoconf. This is not going to happen overnight, and it
is going to be painful, but the first step has just been made, and we're
not turning back.

The autoconf scripts are however still there and are used, but were
renamed to old-configure.in. If you have pending patches against
configure.in or js/src/configure.in, your changes will need to be
applied to old-configure.in or js/src/old-configure.in.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Moving away from autoconf

Ralph Giles-7
Where do new changes go?

 -r

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 03:38:35PM -0800, Ralph Giles wrote:
> Where do new changes go?

The answer to this question will change in the coming days, and vary
depending on what you want to change. Please ask build system peers.
I should have mentioned this in the original message, sorry.

Mike