Move/relocate a custom field in 4.0

iherebyresign
Hi,

I need to move two custom fields to different locations on the bug
creation and bug view pages.  The two custom fields are Req Type and
Browser. They currently appear on the right side of the page in what I
assume to be the 'custom field area'.

On the show_bug screen, I need Req Type to be on the left right above
'Importance'.  I need Browser to be immediately under 'Platform', and
above Req Type.

On the enter_bug screen, I need Req Type to be above 'Target
Milestone' on the left column, and I need Browser to be on the same
row in the right column, above 'Priority'.

I've searched the group and the web but did not find much useful
info.  Please point me to the right location ... thanks!

Jesse

Re: Move/relocate a custom field in 4.0

iherebyresign
I've figured out how to move the custom fields ... but now realize
that all custom fields must stay together. my organization has a need
to move specific custom fields to different locations on the create
new bug and edit bug screens. is this possible? from what i've seen in
the templates, they must stay together. i hope there is a way around
this

RE: Move/relocate a custom field in 4.0

Tosh, Michael J
iherebyresign wrote:
> i hope there is a way around this

Did you try wrapping in an IF statement?  [% IF field.name == blah %][% END %]?

You can always call [% Bugzilla->custom_fields %] twice and look for specific field names.

Re: Move/relocate a custom field in 4.0

iherebyresign
in which file would i call this in? the line i moved in edit.html.tmpl
is:

[%PROCESS section_customfields %]

This moved my two custom fields to a different location on the screen
(left column under bug status)

Is this the code you are referring to?

iherebyresign wrote:
> in which file would I call this in? the line I moved in edit.html.tmpl
> is:
>
> [%PROCESS section_customfields %]

That is a function call.  Look in the same file for [% BLOCK section_customfields %].  You could try passing it a parameter:
[% PROCESS section_customfields     showonly = 'cf_field1|cf_field2' %]

Then below in the [% BLOCK %], you can use the expression to grep for field names
[% FOREACH field = fields %]
  [% NEXT unless field.name.match(showonly) %]

I haven't tested this, so there may be some syntax errors, but this should give you a starting point.  Check out the docs: http://template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/VMethods.html

Re: Move/relocate a custom field in 4.0

Steve Bennett-13
[% NEXT unless field.name.match(showonly) %]

line should be

[% NEXT unless field.name.match(showonly) != ""  %]

"Tosh, Michael J" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> iherebyresign wrote:
>> in which file would I call this in? the line I moved in edit.html.tmpl
>> is:
>>
>> [%PROCESS section_customfields %]
>
> That is a function call.  Look in the same file for [% BLOCK
> section_customfields %].  You could try passing it a parameter:
> [% PROCESS section_customfields     showonly = 'cf_field1|cf_field2' %]
>
> Then below in the [% BLOCK %], you can use the expression to grep for
> field names
> [% FOREACH field = fields %]
>  [% NEXT unless field.name.match(showonly) %]
>
> I haven't tested this, so there may be some syntax errors, but this should
> give you a starting point.  Check out the docs:
> http://template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/VMethods.html

RE: Move/relocate a custom field in 4.0

shassell
Is there a flag to force the user to entered in data in a custom field when they are logging
A new defect?

[% NEXT unless field.name.match(showonly) %]

line should be

[% NEXT unless field.name.match(showonly) != ""  %]

"Tosh, Michael J" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> iherebyresign wrote:
>> in which file would I call this in? the line I moved in edit.html.tmpl
>> is:
>>
>> [%PROCESS section_customfields %]
>
> That is a function call.  Look in the same file for [% BLOCK
> section_customfields %].  You could try passing it a parameter:
> [% PROCESS section_customfields     showonly = 'cf_field1|cf_field2' %]
>
> Then below in the [% BLOCK %], you can use the expression to grep for
> field names
> [% FOREACH field = fields %]
>  [% NEXT unless field.name.match(showonly) %]
>
> I haven't tested this, so there may be some syntax errors, but this should
> give you a starting point.  Check out the docs:
> http://template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/VMethods.html

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise private information.  Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination, distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.