Mousewheel klick in Thunderbird

StiffeL-2
Is it possible to have Thunderbird open a Firefox link in the background
when "middle-clicking" a link within a mail?

I subscribe to a number of newsletters and receive weekly updates with
links but when clicking the link within Thunderbird, Firefox is focused.
Any way of getting Thunderbird behave like Firefox in this matter?

Re: Mousewheel klick in Thunderbird

Robert-64
StiffeL wrote:
> Is it possible to have Thunderbird open a Firefox link in the background
> when "middle-clicking" a link within a mail?
>
> I subscribe to a number of newsletters and receive weekly updates with
> links but when clicking the link within Thunderbird, Firefox is focused.
> Any way of getting Thunderbird behave like Firefox in this matter?

Seconded, though I might go so far as to suggest that this be a FF
setting - by default (do|do not) take focus on URLs opened from another
program (including the command line).

This might require FF to "install" 2 browsers to choose as the system
default/program default - one which does take focus, one which doesn't.

--
Robert

Re: Mousewheel klick in Thunderbird

Emmanuel E
Its been done by an FF extension which keeps FF in the background when
FF links are clicked in other programs. So it would work from any email
client. However the extension is not for the fainthearted. I wish
someone would include that feature in TabMixPlus. See
http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en

StiffeL wrote:

> Is it possible to have Thunderbird open a Firefox link in the
> background when "middle-clicking" a link within a mail?
>
> I subscribe to a number of newsletters and receive weekly updates with
> links but when clicking the link within Thunderbird, Firefox is
> focused. Any way of getting Thunderbird behave like Firefox in this
> matter?

Re: Mousewheel klick in Thunderbird

StiffeL-3
Thanks for the advice!!! Unfortunately TBE (Tabbrowser Extension) is not
compatible with FF2 but after editing some of the files, I managed to
get it installed.

Unfortunately it is not compatible with TabMixPlus, which is one of my
favorites, but I will try it out and, at the same time, contact the
author of TabMixPlus and see what he can do to help us... But frankly,
TBE seems like a very nice add-on and many of it's tweaks and fixes
attracts me more than TabMixPlus... And, there is of course this: "TBE
is one of the most buggest extensions. It has never been and most likely
won't ever make it onto update.mozilla.org because of this."

Is there any way we can have this function built into FireFox 3, and who
should one contact if one would like to ask for such a feature?