More FF57 things to be concerned about?

Jeff Layman
Just posted in another NG:
https://drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html

--

Jeff

Re: More FF57 things to be concerned about?

Luis
Jeff Layman wrote:
> Just posted in another NG:
> https://drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html

I changed my default browser to Opera the very moment Mozilla announced
that FF was paired with Google's Chrome.  Then I moved Yandex one place
up and left Epic Privacy Browser as my secure browser.  At this time FF
57 is my fifth browser after Baslisk.
Why so many browsers? Simply because I use them, along with Vivaldi for
developing. Of course I use Tor as well.

Besides I always check what FF has surreptitiously installed in the
background not just as extensions but as plugins too. For instance I
have disabled the Widevine Content Decryption Module plugin provided by
Google Inc. To be honest right now everything related to Quantum is
suspicious for me. I hope the future proves me I'm wrong.

Re: More FF57 things to be concerned about?

WaltS48-8
On 12/17/17 5:36 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:
> Just posted in another NG:
> https://drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html

Not one of their best moves.

> It sounded like a good idea at Mozilla -- promote computer security and privacy awareness using a tie-in with an online game from the popular Mr. Robot hacker TV series. But almost immediately, the plan started backfiring.

<https://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-backpedals-after-mr-robot-firefox-misstep/>

I see it is no longer in my Firefox Nightly 59.0a1 after this mornings
update. Still in my release and beta versions.

Mr. Robot looks like a TV series I'll have to catch up on.

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop