Modify the Firefox Content

Rajmohan SK
I got the window handle of firefox, currently executing,. What is best
approach by which I can modify the window content. I have gone through
geckoSDK, XpCom, ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode, ISimpleDOMText
etc.
Still I as not able to find a better solution ,

I have a clear concept of  ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode,
ISimpleDOMText these pointers. But these pointer doesnt have a
function to clear the window content. Please anybody let me know how
can I do this.

Re: Modify the Firefox Content

Alexander Surkov
On May 22, 3:22 pm, Rajmohan SK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got the window handle of firefox, currently executing,. What is best
> approach by which I can modify the window content. I have gone through
> geckoSDK, XpCom, ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode, ISimpleDOMText
> etc.
> Still I as not able to find a better solution ,
>
> I have a clear concept of  ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode,
> ISimpleDOMText these pointers. But these pointer doesnt have a
> function to clear the window content. Please anybody let me know how
> can I do this.

Accessibility APIs aren't intended to change web content, they are
used to get web page content and interact with it. The best way for
you is probably write Firefox extension. And please do not use
accessibility APIs until you develop AT software.

Thanks.
Alex.

Re: Modify the Firefox Content

Rajmohan SK
On May 22, 2:38 pm, Alexander Surkov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On May 22, 3:22 pm, Rajmohan SK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I got the window handle of firefox, currently executing,. What is best
> > approach by which I can modify the window content. I have gone through
> > geckoSDK, XpCom, ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode, ISimpleDOMText
> > etc.
> > Still I as not able to find a better solution ,
>
> > I have a clear concept of  ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode,
> > ISimpleDOMText these pointers. But these pointer doesnt have a
> > function to clear the window content. Please anybody let me know how
> > can I do this.
>
> Accessibility APIs aren't intended to change web content, they are
> used to get web page content and interact with it. The best way for
> you is probably write Firefox extension. And please do not use
> accessibility APIs until you develop AT software.
>
> Thanks.
> Alex.

Thank you so much for the reply.
I guess AT software means AccessibilityTechnology Software .
So making it more clear, we cannot use GeckoSDK for modifying window
content, am I right
Thanks
Raj

On May 24, 2:02 pm, Rajmohan SK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 22, 2:38 pm, Alexander Surkov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > On May 22, 3:22 pm, Rajmohan SK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > I got the window handle of firefox, currently executing,. What is best
> > > approach by which I can modify the window content. I have gone through
> > > geckoSDK, XpCom, ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode, ISimpleDOMText
> > > etc.
> > > Still I as not able to find a better solution ,
>
> > > I have a clear concept of  ISimpleDOMDocument,ISimpleDOMNode,
> > > ISimpleDOMText these pointers. But these pointer doesnt have a
> > > function to clear the window content. Please anybody let me know how
> > > can I do this.
>
> > Accessibility APIs aren't intended to change web content, they are
> > used to get web page content and interact with it. The best way for
> > you is probably write Firefox extension. And please do not use
> > accessibility APIs until you develop AT software.
>
> > Thanks.
> > Alex.
>
> Thank you so much for the reply.
> I guess AT software means AccessibilityTechnology Software .
> So making it more clear, we cannot use GeckoSDK for modifying window
> content, am I right
> Thanks
> Raj

Hi.

Yep, AT means Assistive Technology.

I think you can use Gecko SDK to modify window content but as I said
you should create an extension or something where you'll be using
Gecko SDK. But probably accessibility group is not right place to ask
about Gecko SDK.

Alex.