Modest Proposal for Holiday Files

George Sexton-2
I've looked at several holiday files on the web site.

I've noticed that few of them use RRULEs to specify the
recurrence of the holidays. This means the files are good the year they
are uploaded, and not after that.

Could there be some sort of editorial process that looks at the files?

--
George Sexton

Re: Modest Proposal for Holiday Files

Rod Whiteley
George Sexton wrote:
> ...Could there be some sort of editorial process that looks at the files?

I think that's a great idea.  It would need someone to take the lead and
make it happen.  Could that someone be you?

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Modest Proposal for Holiday Files

chris-102
George Sexton wrote:
> I've noticed that few of them use RRULEs to specify the
> recurrence of the holidays. This means the files are good the year they
> are uploaded, and not after that.

thats why i recommend (this is months back) to create these files as
remote files and upload it on some servers. so they will be updated
automaticly by the person who is responsible to that.

wikipedia is a good source for recurrenceinformations.

i can take care for the austrian holidays file if its welcome.

greetings,
chris

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:15:01 +0000, Rod Whiteley wrote:

> George Sexton wrote:
>> ...Could there be some sort of editorial process that looks at the
>> files?
>
> I think that's a great idea.  It would need someone to take the lead and
> make it happen.  Could that someone be you?

Not until Sunbird supports RDATE events. People are putting in the same
holiday 10 times, once for each year.

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc. - Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar