Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name

cdm

Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name

cdm
If anyone could help guide me with this cryptic message I'm seeing in my apache log file.  I'm getting this error:

"Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name. The certificate CN has <server-name>. We expected <server-name> as virtual name."

The mention of "server-name" in both cases above in the error log is the very same name.  So it doesn't make sense.  So in other words the error says this if I substituted "server-name" with this name:   example.server-name.com:

The certificate CN has example.server-name.com.  We expected example.server-name.com as vertual name.

If anyone could help, I'd be grateful.
Chris

Re: Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name

Hubert Kario
On Sunday, 5 February 2017 12:34:09 CET [hidden email] wrote:
> If anyone could help guide me with this cryptic message I'm seeing in my
> apache log file.  I'm getting this error:
>
> "Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name. The certificate CN
> has <server-name>. We expected <server-name> as virtual name."

are you sure that the dot is not part of the CN?

> The mention of "server-name" in both cases above in the error log is the
> very same name.  So it doesn't make sense.  So in other words the error
> says this if I substituted "server-name" with this name:
> example.server-name.com:
>
> The certificate CN has example.server-name.com.  We expected
> example.server-name.com as vertual name.
>
> If anyone could help, I'd be grateful.
> Chris

Hubert Kario
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purky┼łova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic