Minimo suppot for SVG

Yancho
Hi,

Am I right in saying that Minimo has no support for SVG (particularly
Basic / Full), despite the fact that it uses the Gecko Engine?

If I am wrong can you please point me to some more documentation about
the support it offers, especially if it supports either Tiny, Basic or
Full SVG.

Also are there any plugins that do this trick if it does not support
by default?

Thanks alot!

Re: Minimo suppot for SVG

Tim Rowley-2
Matthew Pulis wrote:
> Am I right in saying that Minimo has no support for SVG (particularly
> Basic / Full), despite the fact that it uses the Gecko Engine?

Minimo on the 1.8 will not support SVG.  There is an old patch which
gets it running without fonts in bug 292280.

A trunk based minimo (or whatever the mobile browser is named these
days) should support SVG fine, as the SVG rendering code has been
rewritten to sit atop the same graphics layer that everything else in
mozilla uses.

> If I am wrong can you please point me to some more documentation about
> the support it offers, especially if it supports either Tiny, Basic or
> Full SVG.

We don't support any of the official SVG profiles, as we have not yet
implemented SVG fonts or SMIL declarative animation.  Documentation
about what is supported can be found here for the trunk:

   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/status.html