Minimize to tray [Sunbird]

Jim Scott
I've just noticed that there is a 'new' minimize to tray extension.
I open Sunbird minimized at Windows startup.
Is it better to use this or Suntray?
--
Jim
         Tyneside UK

Re: Minimize to tray [Sunbird]

Allan McRae
Jim Scott wrote:
> I've just noticed that there is a 'new' minimize to tray extension.
> I open Sunbird minimized at Windows startup.
> Is it better to use this or Suntray?

I find the extension nicer as you don't need to run a separate program.
I also use it for thunderbird and it gives some nice right-click options
when in the system tray (new email, etc) - I assume as the versions for
Sunbird move along that this will happen too.

Allan

Re: Minimize to tray [Sunbird]

Graham Reeds
Allan McRae wrote:

> Jim Scott wrote:
>
>> I've just noticed that there is a 'new' minimize to tray extension.
>> I open Sunbird minimized at Windows startup.
>> Is it better to use this or Suntray?
>

> I find the extension nicer as you don't need to run a separate program.
> I also use it for thunderbird and it gives some nice right-click options
> when in the system tray (new email, etc) - I assume as the versions for
> Sunbird move along that this will happen too.
>
> Allan

Well I've tried that version of minimize to tray and it doesn't work
with build 3a1.  I was hoping an updated version would come along sooner...

G.

Re: Minimize to tray [Sunbird]

Jim Scott
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:54:08 +0000, Graham Reeds wrote:

> Allan McRae wrote:
>> Jim Scott wrote:
>>
>>> I've just noticed that there is a 'new' minimize to tray extension.
>>> I open Sunbird minimized at Windows startup.
>>> Is it better to use this or Suntray?
>>

>> I find the extension nicer as you don't need to run a separate program.
>> I also use it for thunderbird and it gives some nice right-click options
>> when in the system tray (new email, etc) - I assume as the versions for
>> Sunbird move along that this will happen too.
>>
>> Allan
>
> Well I've tried that version of minimize to tray and it doesn't work
> with build 3a1.  I was hoping an updated version would come along sooner...
>
> G.

Mm.
I went back to v0.2 when my alarms started playing up.
Minimize cannot be used I find because there is no extensions tab.
--
Jim
         Tyneside UK

Re: Minimize to tray [Sunbird]

Allan McRae
Jim Scott wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:54:08 +0000, Graham Reeds wrote:
>
>> Allan McRae wrote:

>>> I find the extension nicer as you don't need to run a separate program.
>>> I also use it for thunderbird and it gives some nice right-click options
>>> when in the system tray (new email, etc) - I assume as the versions for
>>> Sunbird move along that this will happen too.
>>>
>>> Allan
>> Well I've tried that version of minimize to tray and it doesn't work
>> with build 3a1.  I was hoping an updated version would come along sooner...
>>
>> G.
>
> Mm.
> I went back to v0.2 when my alarms started playing up.
> Minimize cannot be used I find because there is no extensions tab.

There is a possible work around to install an extension manually in v0.2
but if Suntray does the job I'd stick to that for the time being.

Allan

Re: Minimize to tray [Sunbird]

Jim Scott
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:03:41 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> Jim Scott wrote:

>>> Well I've tried that version of minimize to tray and it doesn't work
>>> with build 3a1.  I was hoping an updated version would come along sooner...
>>>
>>> G.
>>
>> Mm.
>> I went back to v0.2 when my alarms started playing up.
>> Minimize cannot be used I find because there is no extensions tab.
>
> There is a possible work around to install an extension manually in v0.2
> but if Suntray does the job I'd stick to that for the time being.
>
> Allan

Thanks Allan
It's a pity that any of the MTT extensions don't release memory like really
minimizing to toolbar does.
--
Jim
         Tyneside UK