Migrate lt to Pootle

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Migrate lt to Pootle

Rimas Kudelis
Hi,

I plan to have Central and Aurora in sync tomorrow (that is, all strings
in Aurora will be translated in central and uplifted). Once I do that, I
would like to migrate my locale to Pootle. How do we do that? Should I
to file a bug, or just catch someone on IRC and ask politely, or do
something else?

Also, after we do that, may I get permissions to administrate my own
locale in Pootle, so that I can assign translate permissions to other
people without asking someone else to do that?

Also, what about SeaMonkey? I don't see this project in Pootle, but
maybe it could be added?



Regards,
Rimas
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrate lt to Pootle

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
CCing Dwayne to be sure that he sees it (don't know the answer).

Francesco

> Hi,
>
> I plan to have Central and Aurora in sync tomorrow (that is, all strings
> in Aurora will be translated in central and uplifted). Once I do that, I
> would like to migrate my locale to Pootle. How do we do that? Should I
> to file a bug, or just catch someone on IRC and ask politely, or do
> something else?
>
> Also, after we do that, may I get permissions to administrate my own
> locale in Pootle, so that I can assign translate permissions to other
> people without asking someone else to do that?
>
> Also, what about SeaMonkey? I don't see this project in Pootle, but
> maybe it could be added?
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Rimas
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrate lt to Pootle

Rimas Kudelis
In reply to this post by Rimas Kudelis
Thanks Francesco!

FWIW, my aurora tree is now finished and signed off and contains same
changesets as central. I'm ready for migration.

By the way, since the mozilla.locamotion.org seems "kind of official",
why isn't it being merged with localize.mozilla.org?

Rimas


On 2014.07.25 08:31, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] wrote:

> CCing Dwayne to be sure that he sees it (don't know the answer).
>
> Francesco
>> Hi,
>>
>> I plan to have Central and Aurora in sync tomorrow (that is, all strings
>> in Aurora will be translated in central and uplifted). Once I do that, I
>> would like to migrate my locale to Pootle. How do we do that? Should I
>> to file a bug, or just catch someone on IRC and ask politely, or do
>> something else?
>>
>> Also, after we do that, may I get permissions to administrate my own
>> locale in Pootle, so that I can assign translate permissions to other
>> people without asking someone else to do that?
>>
>> Also, what about SeaMonkey? I don't see this project in Pootle, but
>> maybe it could be added?
>>
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rimas
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev-l10n mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrate lt to Pootle

Axel Hecht
In reply to this post by Rimas Kudelis
On 7/25/14 10:27 AM, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
> Thanks Francesco!
>
> FWIW, my aurora tree is now finished and signed off and contains same
> changesets as central. I'm ready for migration.
>
> By the way, since the mozilla.locamotion.org seems "kind of official",
> why isn't it being merged with localize.mozilla.org?

The basic difference is that verbatim has version control credentials on
it, and is tightly secured, which mlo has not, and gets frequent
software updates by the pootle community that maintains it.

Axel

> Rimas
>
>
> On 2014.07.25 08:31, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] wrote:
>> CCing Dwayne to be sure that he sees it (don't know the answer).
>>
>> Francesco
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I plan to have Central and Aurora in sync tomorrow (that is, all strings
>>> in Aurora will be translated in central and uplifted). Once I do that, I
>>> would like to migrate my locale to Pootle. How do we do that? Should I
>>> to file a bug, or just catch someone on IRC and ask politely, or do
>>> something else?
>>>
>>> Also, after we do that, may I get permissions to administrate my own
>>> locale in Pootle, so that I can assign translate permissions to other
>>> people without asking someone else to do that?
>>>
>>> Also, what about SeaMonkey? I don't see this project in Pootle, but
>>> maybe it could be added?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Rimas
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> dev-l10n mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>>
>

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrate lt to Pootle

Dwayne Bailey
In reply to this post by Rimas Kudelis
On 24 July 2014 22:22, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to have Central and Aurora in sync tomorrow (that is, all strings
> in Aurora will be translated in central and uplifted). Once I do that, I
> would like to migrate my locale to Pootle. How do we do that? Should I
> to file a bug, or just catch someone on IRC and ask politely, or do
> something else?
>
> Also, after we do that, may I get permissions to administrate my own
> locale in Pootle, so that I can assign translate permissions to other
> people without asking someone else to do that?
>
> Also, what about SeaMonkey? I don't see this project in Pootle, but
> maybe it could be added?
>

Just to make sure there is some conclusion in the thread.

Re: SeaMonkey.  Our focus on the mozilla.locamotion.org site is to manage
Firefox Aurora and Firefox OS and related localisations.

Thus everything else takes a back seat.  We do host Thunderbird and
Lightning, there's history behind that, but we put much less effort into
managing those.

Currently we don't have any plans for SeaMonkey hosting unless a volunteer
steps up to manage that.


>
>
>
> Regards,
> Rimas
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>



--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n