Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

😉 Good Guy 😉

I have just watched the presentation by Microsoft about its progress and
Financial Position.  they have already reached 600 Million satisfied
users and chances are this number will exceed 1,000,000. You all can
watch the presentation and the progress made by Microsoft in releasing
new products at this link:

<https://microsoft.onlineshareholdermeeting.com/vsm/web?pvskey=MSFT17>

The Financial Statement can be read here:

<https://www.microsoft.com/investor/reports/ar17/index.html>

I have changed my signature to reflect the new figure as given to me by
the Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

WaltS48-8
On 12/1/17 8:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> I have just watched the presentation by Microsoft about its progress and
> Financial Position.  they have already reached 600 Million satisfied
> users and chances are this number will exceed 1,000,000. You all can
> watch the presentation and the progress made by Microsoft in releasing
> new products at this link:

Well, if they have reached 600 million, then I guess they have exceeded
1,000,000.

Personally I think the OS is a dog and all the programs I use on it
launch slowly, perform slowly and it is just annoying.

I only use it about 3 times a week to update Firefox and Thunderbird and
to test TB release candidates.

Maybe it is my hardware. AMD A8 four-core 2.2 GHz APU with Radeon 5
Graphics, 6 MB RAM and 500 GB HD.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

Agaric
On 12/01/2017 06:00 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 12/1/17 8:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>
>> I have just watched the presentation by Microsoft about its progress
>> and Financial Position.  they have already reached 600 Million
>> satisfied users and chances are this number will exceed 1,000,000. You
>> all can watch the presentation and the progress made by Microsoft in
>> releasing new products at this link:
>>

> Well, if they have reached 600 million, then I guess they have exceeded
> 1,000,000.
>
> Personally I think the OS is a dog

Unacceptable!!! If they have reached you, you are by definition a
"satisfied user" !!!

> and all the programs I use on it
> launch slowly, perform slowly and it is just annoying.

Just wait your turn, maybe M$ is busy using it.

> I only use it about 3 times a week to update Firefox and Thunderbird and
> to test TB release candidates.
>
> Maybe it is my hardware. AMD A8 four-core 2.2 GHz APU with Radeon 5
> Graphics, 6 MB RAM and 500 GB HD.

Yes, that is a Supercomputer, hence, better powered by Linux.

--
With all the world's TOP500 Supercomputers now powered by Linux,
satisfaction is an all-time high.

On 12/01/2017 05:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:
> 600 Million satisfied users

Don't make me gag.  Try more like twelve satisfied users.
How much does M$ pay you to post this marketing trash?

Here is a good chart on Windows Nein, oops, Ten usage
versus Windows 7 and Windows 8:

     https://www.gosquared.com/global/windows/10/#launch

Windows Nein finally nudged slightly ahead of Windows 7.

On 12/01/2017 08:08 PM, Agaric wrote:
> Personally I think the OS is a dog

Be nice.  Dogs are sweet!  Okay, I agree with
your point.

If I come home and I am in a foul mood, inevitably, i
have been working on Frankenstein-the-Younger (Windows
Nein, oops, ten).

My office system is Linux.  I just can not take coming
home after a hard day of fighting with M$ to have to do it
on my own stuff as well.  I run M$'s garbage in numerous Virtual
Machines.

I wish I did not have to work on Windows at all.  Linux is a blast
to work on, but I have few customers on it.  And if everyone suddenly
switched to Linux, after the transition period, I'd be out of a job.

On 12/01/2017 10:33 PM, T wrote:
> On 12/01/2017 05:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>> 600 Million satisfied users
>
> Don't make me gag.  Try more like twelve satisfied users.

He's sharing the data "as given to me by the Microsoft CEO Satya
Nadella"  ... like CEO Nadella has Good Guy's phone number.

> How much does M$ pay you to post this marketing trash?

It was posted at alt.comp.os.windows-10, minutes before GG rushed over
here with the news. I would filter the troll, but he's really entertaining.

On 12/01/2017 11:17 PM, Agaric wrote:

> On 12/01/2017 10:33 PM, T wrote:
>> On 12/01/2017 05:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>> 600 Million satisfied users
>>
>> Don't make me gag.  Try more like twelve satisfied users.
>
> He's sharing the data "as given to me by the Microsoft CEO Satya
> Nadella"  ... like CEO Nadella has Good Guy's phone number.
>
>> How much does M$ pay you to post this marketing trash?
>
> It was posted at alt.comp.os.windows-10, minutes before GG rushed over
> here with the news. I would filter the troll, but he's really entertaining.

The thing about most trolls is that they really have very little
knowledge of the subject at hand.  Sometimes this guy comes
through with flying colors.  I wish he'd stop with the HTML.
At least switch to a less ugly background.

There is rumor that Windows Nein now has thirteen satisfied users,
but it can not be verified.

I install this utility on all my customer's Windows Nein
machines.  Makes it a hell of a lot easier to use:

http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

On 12/1/17 11:08 PM, Agaric wrote:

> On 12/01/2017 06:00 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 12/1/17 8:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>>
>>> I have just watched the presentation by Microsoft about its progress
>>> and Financial Position.  they have already reached 600 Million
>>> satisfied users and chances are this number will exceed 1,000,000. You
>>> all can watch the presentation and the progress made by Microsoft in
>>> releasing new products at this link:
>>>

>> Well, if they have reached 600 million, then I guess they have exceeded
>> 1,000,000.
>>
>> Personally I think the OS is a dog
>
> Unacceptable!!! If they have reached you, you are by definition a
> "satisfied user" !!!
>
>> and all the programs I use on it
>> launch slowly, perform slowly and it is just annoying.
>
> Just wait your turn, maybe M$ is busy using it.
>
>> I only use it about 3 times a week to update Firefox and Thunderbird and
>> to test TB release candidates.
>>
>> Maybe it is my hardware. AMD A8 four-core 2.2 GHz APU with Radeon 5
>> Graphics, 6 MB RAM and 500 GB HD.
>
> Yes, that is a Supercomputer, hence, better powered by Linux.

The Linux desktop I built over 8 years ago performs better than the
Win10 Laptop.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

Endegee
On 02/12/2017 02:48, T wrote:

> On 12/01/2017 11:17 PM, Agaric wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't make me gag.  Try more like twelve satisfied users.
>>
>> He's sharing the data "as given to me by the Microsoft CEO Satya
>> Nadella"  ... like CEO Nadella has Good Guy's phone number.
>>
>>> How much does M$ pay you to post this marketing trash?
>>
>> It was posted at alt.comp.os.windows-10, minutes before GG rushed over
>> here with the news. I would filter the troll, but he's really
>> entertaining.
>
> The thing about most trolls is that they really have very little
> knowledge of the subject at hand.  Sometimes this guy comes
> through with flying colors.  I wish he'd stop with the HTML.
> At least switch to a less ugly background.

Than why are you reading news group in HTML?
I don't see his HTML crap because I read news group in Text Only.

> There is rumor that Windows Nein now has thirteen satisfied users,
> but it can not be verified.
>
> I install this utility on all my customer's Windows Nein
> machines.  Makes it a hell of a lot easier to use:

Not defending the GoodGuy troll and not a fan of Msft either but you are
a bit of a troll yourself with your Nein, Frankenstein and M$ which I
find a bit chidish.  :-(

> http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

PietB-2
WaltS48 wrote:
> Good Guy wrote:
>> I have just watched the presentation by Microsoft about its progress and
>> Financial Position.  they have already reached 600 Million satisfied
>> users and chances are this number will exceed 1,000,000. You all can
>> watch the presentation and the progress made by Microsoft in releasing
>> new products at this link:
>
> Well, if they have reached 600 million, then I guess they have exceeded
> 1,000,000.

:-)

But even though "600 million users" might be true, "600 million
satisfied users" represents only the contorted and biased view
of M$ and its prophet "Good Guy".

-p

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

Balaco
Em 02-12-2017 11:00, Endegee escreveu:

> On 02/12/2017 02:48, T wrote:

>>> He's sharing the data "as given to me by the Microsoft CEO Satya
>>> Nadella"Â  ... like CEO Nadella has Good Guy's phone number.

>>> It was posted at alt.comp.os.windows-10, minutes before GG rushed
>>> over here with the news. I would filter the troll, but he's really
>>> entertaining.
>>
>> The thing about most trolls is that they really have very little
>> knowledge of the subject at hand.  Sometimes this guy comes
>> through with flying colors.  I wish he'd stop with the HTML.
>> At least switch to a less ugly background.
>>

> Than why are you reading news group in HTML?
> I don't see his HTML crap because I read news group in Text Only.

+1

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

GerardJan-8
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

Ed Mullen-10
On 12/1/2017 at 9:00 PM, WaltS48 created this epitome of digital genius:

> On 12/1/17 8:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>
>> I have just watched the presentation by Microsoft about its progress
>> and Financial Position.  they have already reached 600 Million
>> satisfied users and chances are this number will exceed 1,000,000. You
>> all can watch the presentation and the progress made by Microsoft in
>> releasing new products at this link:
>>

> Well, if they have reached 600 million, then I guess they have exceeded
> 1,000,000.
>
> Personally I think the OS is a dog and all the programs I use on it
> launch slowly, perform slowly and it is just annoying.
>
> I only use it about 3 times a week to update Firefox and Thunderbird and
> to test TB release candidates.
>
> Maybe it is my hardware. AMD A8 four-core 2.2 GHz APU with Radeon 5
> Graphics, 6 MB RAM and 500 GB HD.

Walt, I suspect that's a typo: "... 6 MB RAM ...". If not, that would
explain performance issues! :-)

I must confess to liking W10 very much.  W7 was very good, W8 a real dog
(not to slur dogs which I love).

 From Belarc Advisor:
Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1709 (build 16299.64)
Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81M-C Rev X.0x
Serial Number: 140626890511247
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. 2401 06/02/2015
8130 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM0' has 8192 MB (serial number 78083B8A)
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM0' is Empty
c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 238.57 GB 109.51 GB free
g: (NTFS on drive 1) 94.48 GB 47.55 GB free
h: (NTFS on drive 1) 405.62 GB 280.49 GB free
k: (NTFS on drive 2) 1000.20 GB 811.36 GB free
w: (NTFS on drive 3) 1000.20 GB 100.99 GB free

Classic Shell installed

W10 (for me) is the best Windows ever and the fastest booting. Never
seen a BSOD. I've been using it since summer release of 2015. With some
tweaking (Classic Shell, turning off Cortana, etc.) it looks and works
like W7.

<https://edmullen.net/temp/w10_start_menu2.jpg>

<https://edmullen.net/temp/w10_desktop.jpg>

Anyway, I realize some users may have problems but I've not experienced
anything like that.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Ed Mullen wrote:
> W10 (for me) is the best Windows ever and the fastest booting.
> Never seen a BSOD.

"never" == "not yet"

I'd never seen a BSOD on my W7 machine until suddenly they
happened by the score, accompanied by loosing BIOS settings.
The solution was to replace the flat battery on the mobo.

-p

On 12/2/17 11:47 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> Walt, I suspect that's a typo: "... 6 MB RAM ...". If not, that would
> explain performance issues! :-)
>
> I must confess to liking W10 very much.  W7 was very good, W8 a real dog
> (not to slur dogs which I love).

It was a typo, should be 6 GB RAM.

Last Windows I used was 2000 Pro, given to students free when taking the
course. Then the Red Hat Linux (before Fedora) course came along and I
dual booted for awhile.

Then wiped out Windows and distro hopped until currently settled on
Ubuntu 16.04LTS.

On 12/02/2017 05:33 AM, Balaco wrote:

> Em 02-12-2017 11:00, Endegee escreveu:

>>> The thing about most trolls is that they really have very little
>>> knowledge of the subject at hand.  Sometimes this guy comes
>>> through with flying colors.  I wish he'd stop with the HTML.
>>> At least switch to a less ugly background.
>>>

>> Than why are you reading news group in HTML?
>> I don't see his HTML crap because I read news group in Text Only.
>>

> +1

Bite me!

On 12/02/2017 09:23 AM, PietB wrote:

> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> W10 (for me) is the best Windows ever and the fastest booting.
>> Never seen a BSOD.
>
> "never" == "not yet"
>
> I'd never seen a BSOD on my W7 machine until suddenly they
> happened by the score, accompanied by loosing BIOS settings.
> The solution was to replace the flat battery on the mobo.
>
> -p

I have yet to see a single install of BSOD.

I crap I have seen on W-Nein (W10) takes the wind out of me.
But then again, I only get called when things go wrong.

The worse offense is Nein's "fast boot", which I turn off.
(Note, you have to run the W-Nein universal fix all below
to get it to take.)

W-Nein universal fix all:
       shutdown.exe /r /f /t 00

/r  reboot
/f  kill everything
/t  time to execute

I have seen customers in tears.  Nein is awful.

They hate Edge too.  I just remove the icon and replace
it with IE.  I put FF on too, but some folk can't learn
anything new.

Considering how easy it is for folks to get slammed into Chrome,
I am surprised I don't find a lot more infections.  Mainly
I find a ton a junkware, especially the accursed Ask Took Bar.

On 03/12/2017 01:34, T wrote:

> On 12/02/2017 05:33 AM, Balaco wrote:

>>> Than why are you reading news group in HTML?
>>> I don't see his HTML crap because I read news group in Text Only.
>>>

>> +1
>>

> Bite me!

Welcome to BOZO bin.

CONTENTS DELETED

On 02/12/2017 13:00, Endegee wrote:

> Than why are you reading news group in HTML?
> I don't see his HTML crap because I read news group in Text Only.

Because you haven't taught him how to read "Message body" in plain
text.  You will serve better users here if you care to explain to them
in plain words rather than doubting their level of intelligence.
People's level of intelligence depends on who is judging them.  There's
no iron-cast rule how to measure intelligence.

> Not defending the GoodGuy troll and not a fan of Msft either but you
> are a bit of a troll yourself with your Nein, Frankenstein and M$
> which I find a bit chidish.  :-(

You are defending Good Guy because there is no need to call anybody
troll.  What is troll to you is not necessarily troll to other people.
The best you could do is to filter out those users that you deem
"stupid" or "Troll".

Mozilla General allows people to ask about anything and CI is actively
encouraging people to use this newsgroup to post OT stuff.

Now go and watch the Microsoft Presentation about what is coming to your
Windows machine next year and make sure you have upgraded your Windows
10 machine regularly.  It is the best around to get anything done on
this world in the business world.