Microsoft domain is blocked in FF?

Good Guy-2

Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?

<https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>

IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Microsoft domain is blocked in FF?

Good Guy-2
On 15/10/2017 01:22, Good Guy wrote:

> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>
> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>
> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!

This error page:

https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Microsoft domain is blocked in FF?

WaltS48-5
On 10/14/17 8:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 15/10/2017 01:22, Good Guy wrote:
>>
>> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>>
>> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>>
>> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!
>>

> This error page:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>

With ye olde version of Firefox the certificates probably are not up to
date.

Try 52 ESR or 56.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Microsoft domain is blocked in FF?

Desiree-11
On 10/14/2017 2:44 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 10/14/17 8:30 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>> On 15/10/2017 01:22, Good Guy wrote:
>>>
>>> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>>>
>>> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>>>
>>> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!
>>>

>> This error page:
>>
>> https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>
>>

> With ye olde version of Firefox the certificates probably are not up to
> date.
>
> Try 52 ESR or 56.

No, that won't help much.  I upgraded Fx 45.8 ESR to 52.4ESR about two
weeks ago.  I don't get a certificate error but I don't get the style
sheet for the site.  The Microsoft site displays just fine though on
Pale Moon 26.5 which is the last version of Pale Moon based off Fx 24.
I also tried SeaMonkey 2.48 at Microsoft home page and I had the same
problem.  No style sheet.  Current SeaMonkey is based off Fx 51.

Re: Microsoft domain is blocked in FF?

Mozilla - General mailing list
On 10/15/17 2:30 AM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 15/10/2017 01:22, Good Guy wrote:
>> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>>
>> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>>
>> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!
>
> This error page:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>

This looks like an OCSP server problem at Microsoft's end. It works fine
for me now.

Any other browser which 'worked' probably didn't enforce the OCSP check.
I leave it up to you to decide whether that's good or bad.

Why you'd conclude that Firefox is 'blocking the Microsoft domain' is
beyond me. Why in the world would they want to do that?

On 10/15/17 3:49 AM, Desiree wrote:

> On 10/14/2017 2:44 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> This error page:
>>>
>>> https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>
>>
>> With ye olde version of Firefox the certificates probably are not up to
>> date.
>>
>> Try 52 ESR or 56.
>
> No, that won't help much.  I upgraded Fx 45.8 ESR to 52.4ESR about two
> weeks ago.  I don't get a certificate error but I don't get the style
> sheet for the site.  The Microsoft site displays just fine though on
> Pale Moon 26.5 which is the last version of Pale Moon based off Fx 24. I
> also tried SeaMonkey 2.48 at Microsoft home page and I had the same
> problem.  No style sheet.  Current SeaMonkey is based off Fx 51.

Try FF safe mode.
https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

Re: Microsoft domain is blocked in FF?

EE-2
Good Guy wrote:

> On 15/10/2017 01:22, Good Guy wrote:
>>
>> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>>
>> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>>
>> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!
>>

> This error page:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>

You can get rid of that error by changing a setting in about:config.
security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation - set to false

On 10/15/17 1:57 PM, EE wrote:

> Good Guy wrote:
>> On 15/10/2017 01:22, Good Guy wrote:
>>>
>>> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>>>
>>> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>>>
>>> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!
>>>

>> This error page:
>>
>> https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>
>>

> You can get rid of that error by changing a setting in about:config.
> security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation - set to false

Unsafe negotiation is so much safer. 😱

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Microsoft domain is blocked in FF?

Jim Fisher
On 15 Oct 2017 at 1:22, Good Guy wrote:

> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>
> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>
> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!

No problem with FF 54.2 ESR

Jim Fisher

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)
http://jimella.wordpress.com - political snippets, especially economic policy

On 15/10/2017 01:30, Good Guy wrote:

> On 15/10/2017 01:22, Good Guy wrote:
>>
>> Just wondered why is this not available in Firefox?
>>
>> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/>
>>
>> IE11, Chrome and Microsoft Edge works fine.  FF version 45.0.2 doesn't!!
>>

> This error page:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png <https://i.imgur.com/15doB5D.png>

It seems it's fixed for now but I'll try again in about an hours time to
see if this is time related.  Microsoft servers might be doing something
after certain time to deny me, avid user of their products, access to
their website. :'( :'( :'( :'(

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer