Message list behavior

The Real Bev
As you chug down through the message list, when you get to the bottom
the selection bar stays there, hauling up new message headers from the
off-screen list.  I'd like to see the selection bar pop back up to the
top of the next "page" when it gets to the bottom so you'll be able to
see if you want to skip some messages before actually reading them.

I know it's bad form to mention it, but I think Netscape 4.79 used to do
that.

Re: Message list behavior

Clay-2
The Real Bev wrote:
> As you chug down through the message list, when you get to the bottom
> the selection bar stays there, hauling up new message headers from the
> off-screen list.  I'd like to see the selection bar pop back up to the
> top of the next "page" when it gets to the bottom so you'll be able to
> see if you want to skip some messages before actually reading them.
>
> I know it's bad form to mention it, but I think Netscape 4.79 used to do
> that.

Do you remember how 4.7x used to put the selected message in the middle
of the pane when you clicked a column header to resort by date, or
subject, or whatever? Now it slams it to the bottom of the pane so you
can't see what follows it unless you scroll...
Be nice if that function was put back too. I'll vote for yours if you
vote for mine *g*.

--
100% money back guarantee!
If at any time you are dissatisfied with the performance of your Mozilla

Re: Message list behavior

The Real Bev
clay wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote:
>> As you chug down through the message list, when you get to the bottom
>> the selection bar stays there, hauling up new message headers from the
>> off-screen list.  I'd like to see the selection bar pop back up to the
>> top of the next "page" when it gets to the bottom so you'll be able to
>> see if you want to skip some messages before actually reading them.
>>
>> I know it's bad form to mention it, but I think Netscape 4.79 used to do
>> that.
>
> Do you remember how 4.7x used to put the selected message in the middle
> of the pane when you clicked a column header to resort by date, or
> subject, or whatever? Now it slams it to the bottom of the pane so you
> can't see what follows it unless you scroll...
> Be nice if that function was put back too. I'll vote for yours if you
> vote for mine *g*.

Yeah, I like that too.  Top would be better than middle, but I'm easy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"We returned the General to El Salvador, or maybe Guatemala,
it's difficult to tell from 10,000 feet."           -- Anon.

Re: Message list behavior

RAV-2
The Real Bev wrote:
> As you chug down through the message list, when you get to the bottom
> the selection bar stays there, hauling up new message headers from the
> off-screen list.  I'd like to see the selection bar pop back up to the
> top of the next "page" when it gets to the bottom so you'll be able to
> see if you want to skip some messages before actually reading them.
>
> I know it's bad form to mention it, but I think Netscape 4.79 used to do
> that.

See also my post in this same newsgroup with subject "Thunderbird:
Browser Scroll Margins" that I sent on 1/27/2006 9:40 AM.

Re: Message list behavior

The Real Bev
RAV wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote:
>> As you chug down through the message list, when you get to the bottom
>> the selection bar stays there, hauling up new message headers from the
>> off-screen list.  I'd like to see the selection bar pop back up to the
>> top of the next "page" when it gets to the bottom so you'll be able to
>> see if you want to skip some messages before actually reading them.
>>
>> I know it's bad form to mention it, but I think Netscape 4.79 used to do
>> that.
>
> See also my post in this same newsgroup with subject "Thunderbird:
> Browser Scroll Margins" that I sent on 1/27/2006 9:40 AM.

Being able to choose the number of lines before and after the selected
line would definitely be nice.