Memory usage with RDF Remote Data Sources

Memory usage with RDF Remote Data Sources

calvinhp
How efficient are nsIRDFRemoteDataSources when dealing with large
amounts of data.   We have an application and I'd like to load more data
via RDF from the server directly to hopefully speed it up, but I don't
want to end up with the opposite effect of bogging down the application.

In the end we will probably be loading 3k-4k of resources at a time into
the data source, but will the cache push old ones out or dump to disk as
needed to keep memory usage from ballooning?

Thanks,
Calvin

--
S i x  F e e t  U p , I n c .  |  "Nowhere to go but open source"
Silicon Valley: +1 (650) 401-8579 x602

Re: Memory usage with RDF Remote Data Sources

Neil-4
Calvin Hendryx-Parker wrote:

> will the cache push old ones out or dump to disk as needed to keep
> memory usage from ballooning?

All the cache does is avoid duplicate objects; as soon as all references
to a resource or data source are collected then it is removed from the
cache.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.