Meaning of a string

Michael Bauer-11
Question. There are several instances but I still don't get how can
something actually be "in a boundary"? It could be "on a boundary" but
that equally does not make a lot of sense. I think what is probably
meant is something like "it's in the cage we built around Facebook and
Facebook sites". Wouldn't that be better put as "inside the Facebook
fence" or use the imagery of a pen/corral/stockade/cage instead?

This icon appears in the Firefox address bar when you visit sites, like
Facebook.com, that are in the Facebook Container boundary.
Comment This is the first paragraph of the second onboarding panel.
Context onboarding2-p1
Resource messages.json
Project Facebook Container

Michael

Re: Meaning of a string

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi Michael,

I'm not a native speaker, but the meaning seems clear to me.

"Facebook Container creates a boundary between Facebook sites and the
rest of the web".

The add-on creates a container, loads all Facebook properties in it,
and doesn't allow them to store/access data (e.g. cookies) outside of
the boundary of this container. That's why the fence imagery is used.

In other strings boundary is used to reference this container, i.e.
the websites and data contained within the boundary. I don't know if
that's incorrect or unexpected for English speakers.

In case, the best place to report issues with the en-US content for
this add-on is
https://github.com/mozilla/contain-facebook/issues

Il giorno ven 9 ago 2019 alle ore 12:35 Michael Bauer
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Question. There are several instances but I still don't get how can
> something actually be "in a boundary"? It could be "on a boundary" but
> that equally does not make a lot of sense. I think what is probably
> meant is something like "it's in the cage we built around Facebook and
> Facebook sites". Wouldn't that be better put as "inside the Facebook
> fence" or use the imagery of a pen/corral/stockade/cage instead?
>
> This icon appears in the Firefox address bar when you visit sites, like
> Facebook.com, that are in the Facebook Container boundary.
> Comment This is the first paragraph of the second onboarding panel.
> Context onboarding2-p1
> Resource messages.json
> Project Facebook Container
>
> Michael

Re: Meaning of a string

Michael Bauer-11
Well, I'm a native bilingual and it doesn't make a huge amount of sense
to me but perhaps some other people want to pitch in too.

Michael

Sgrìobh Francesco Lodolo na leanas 09/08/2019 aig 11:54:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I'm not a native speaker, but the meaning seems clear to me.
>
> "Facebook Container creates a boundary between Facebook sites and the
> rest of the web".
>
> The add-on creates a container, loads all Facebook properties in it,
> and doesn't allow them to store/access data (e.g. cookies) outside of
> the boundary of this container. That's why the fence imagery is used.
>
> In other strings boundary is used to reference this container, i.e.
> the websites and data contained within the boundary. I don't know if
> that's incorrect or unexpected for English speakers.
>
> In case, the best place to report issues with the en-US content for
> this add-on is
> https://github.com/mozilla/contain-facebook/issues
>

> Il giorno ven 9 ago 2019 alle ore 12:35 Michael Bauer
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> Question. There are several instances but I still don't get how can
>> something actually be "in a boundary"? It could be "on a boundary" but
>> that equally does not make a lot of sense. I think what is probably
>> meant is something like "it's in the cage we built around Facebook and
>> Facebook sites". Wouldn't that be better put as "inside the Facebook
>> fence" or use the imagery of a pen/corral/stockade/cage instead?
>>
>> This icon appears in the Firefox address bar when you visit sites, like
>> Facebook.com, that are in the Facebook Container boundary.
>> Comment This is the first paragraph of the second onboarding panel.
>> Context onboarding2-p1
>> Resource messages.json
>> Project Facebook Container
>>
>> Michael

*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
Fòn: +44-141-946 4437

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
<http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>