Meaning of: Off Main Thread Painting Enabled

Meaning of: Off Main Thread Painting Enabled

Eduardo Trápani
I'm really not sure I understand this string correctly. Does anybody
know what it means or what it is supposed to do?

"Off Main Thread Painting Enabled"

Context: toolkit/chrome/global/aboutSupport.properties

Thanks, Eduardo.

Re: Meaning of: Off Main Thread Painting Enabled

Стоян Димитров
It's quite technical as this is about: page. The main thread is the
process that runs Firefox thus the whole expression means that the
painting (various web page related calculations) is happening on a
thread of its own and not on the main. This is what e10s (multiprocess
in Firefox) in a nutshell is.

На 22.8.2017 г. в 23:45 ч., Eduardo Trápani написа:

> I'm really not sure I understand this string correctly. Does anybody
> know what it means or what it is supposed to do?
>
> "Off Main Thread Painting Enabled"
>
> Context: toolkit/chrome/global/aboutSupport.properties
>
> Thanks, Eduardo.

Re: Meaning of: Off Main Thread Painting Enabled

Eduardo Trápani
Thanks! It's completely clear now.