Matrix, the new synchronous communication system for Mozilla and Localization

Matrix, the new synchronous communication system for Mozilla and Localization

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi localizers,

As you might have read in the past days, Mozilla turned off IRC and
officially switched to a new system for synchronous communications
(Matrix), available at: https://chat.mozilla.org/

We have a channel dedicated to l10n community conversations

You can also join the room, after creating an account in Matrix, by
searching for the “l10n-community” room.

You can find detailed information on how to access Matrix via browser and
mobile apps in this wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Matrix

You can also see this presentation done by Rubén Martin for the Reps
program about Matrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYGKHkLhKkk&feature=youtu.be&t=169

Currently, messages written in Matrix are not mirrored (“bridged”) to the
“Mozilla L10n Community” Telegram channel, like it used to be for IRC. We
intend to keep this bridging active, since adding Telegram lowered the
entry barrier for a lot of our localizers, and we’re currently looking into
a technical solution to implement it in Matrix.

Francesco

Re: Matrix, the new synchronous communication system for Mozilla and Localization

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Bridging to Telegram should be now working. The bot had some stability
in the past days, but hopefully they're fixed.

Francesco