Manifest for WebExt dictionaries

Michal Stanke-2
Hi.

I have noticed that all dictionaries on AMO have been converted to
WebExtensions. I have updated our build scripts but I also got feedback
that the new format does not work well when there are two dictionaries
installed for the same locale.

Does anyone know, if the property keys of the "dictionaries" property in
manifest.json have to be valid ISO locale codes, or it can be anything?
See
https://github.com/MozillaCZ/cesky_slovnik_pro_kontrolu_pravopisu/pull/8.

Cheers,

--
Michal

Re: Manifest for WebExt dictionaries

Axel Hecht
Am 10.12.18 um 08:11 schrieb Michal Stanke:

> Hi.
>
> I have noticed that all dictionaries on AMO have been converted to
> WebExtensions. I have updated our build scripts but I also got feedback
> that the new format does not work well when there are two dictionaries
> installed for the same locale.
>
> Does anyone know, if the property keys of the "dictionaries" property in
> manifest.json have to be valid ISO locale codes, or it can be anything?
> See
> https://github.com/MozillaCZ/cesky_slovnik_pro_kontrolu_pravopisu/pull/8.
>
> Cheers,

Is this a question about AMO or about the Firefox context menu, or both?

Also, trying to find out more context: This is about one dictionary with
and one without diacritics? The latter for the poor fellas without a
proper keyboard?

Axel

Re: Manifest for WebExt dictionaries

Michal Stanke-2
The problem is in Firefox UI. AMO is good with the situation of two
dictionaries having the same "dictionaries" property key in the manifest,
but Firefox then displays only one.

--
Michal Stanke