Making America Polluted Again

1234 ... 7

Making America Polluted Again

WaltS48-5
> "We're going to work on the CAFE standards so you can make cars in
> America again," Trump said. "We're gonna help the companies and
> they're gonna help you."

I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in America. 😲

Doesn't California have stricter requirements? Maybe that's why cars
aren't manufactured there.

Like the quote about not needing friends abroad. People there really are
going to think we are stupid.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-expected-announce-rollback-auto-emissions-regulations-michigan/story?id=46133053

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/epa-roll-back-chemical-plant-safety-rules/story?id=46129635

--
Visit Pittsburgh<http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
Coexist<https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Ron Hunter
On 3/15/2017 4:41 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>> "We're going to work on the CAFE standards so you can make cars in
>> America again," Trump said. "We're gonna help the companies and
>> they're gonna help you."
>
> I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in America. 😲
>
> Doesn't California have stricter requirements? Maybe that's why cars
> aren't manufactured there.
>
> Like the quote about not needing friends abroad. People there really are
> going to think we are stupid.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-expected-announce-rollback-auto-emissions-regulations-michigan/story?id=46133053
>
>> Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt
>> <http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/scott-pruitt.htm> has
>> delayed regulations that were made in response to a 2013 explosion at
>> a fertilizer storage plant in West, Texas, that killed 15 people and
>> injured more than 250 others.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/epa-roll-back-chemical-plant-safety-rules/story?id=46129635
>
> --
> Visit Pittsburgh <http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
> Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
> National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
> Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Yes, and the reason indicates the bill needs more thinking, as it
required companies to submit a report of what materials they had that
could be explosive, and detail where they were stored, and how much, and
the reports weren't classified.  Sometimes a bill is rejected for good
reasons.  We can make distance laws about such things, without going
overboard.  Right now, there is one a few miles from here that is no
more than a block from an elementary school.  Other things, like blast
deflectors, can make these plants safer, without closing down plants
that employ a large number of workers, and make essential chemicals.

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Mayayana
"WaltS48" <[hidden email]> wrote

|> "We're going to work on the CAFE standards so you can make cars in
| > America again," Trump said. "We're gonna help the companies and
| > they're gonna help you."
|
| I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in America.

  Perhaps the worst thing about Trump is that
his arrival has made many liberals as batty as
seething right-wingers. Can't you spam in a
political group where people want to discuss it?

On 3/16/17 2:11 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 3/15/2017 4:41 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> "We're going to work on the CAFE standards so you can make cars in
>>> America again," Trump said. "We're gonna help the companies and
>>> they're gonna help you."
>>
>> I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in
>> America. 😲
>>
>> Doesn't California have stricter requirements? Maybe that's why cars
>> aren't manufactured there.
>>
>> Like the quote about not needing friends abroad. People there really are
>> going to think we are stupid.
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-expected-announce-rollback-auto-emissions-regulations-michigan/story?id=46133053
>>

>>> Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt
>>> <http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/scott-pruitt.htm> has
>>> delayed regulations that were made in response to a 2013 explosion at
>>> a fertilizer storage plant in West, Texas, that killed 15 people and
>>> injured more than 250 others.
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/epa-roll-back-chemical-plant-safety-rules/story?id=46129635
>>

> Yes, and the reason indicates the bill needs more thinking, as it
> required companies to submit a report of what materials they had that
> could be explosive, and detail where they were stored, and how much,
> and the reports weren't classified.  Sometimes a bill is rejected for
> good reasons.  We can make distance laws about such things, without
> going overboard.  Right now, there is one a few miles from here that
> is no more than a block from an elementary school.  Other things, like
> blast deflectors, can make these plants safer, without closing down
> plants that employ a large number of workers, and make essential
> chemicals.

And those companies are going to voluntarily do the work to make the
plants safer? Sorry, that would cost money and reduce our profits.

On 3/16/17 8:30 AM, Mayayana wrote:

> "WaltS48" <[hidden email]> wrote
>
> |> "We're going to work on the CAFE standards so you can make cars in
> | > America again," Trump said. "We're gonna help the companies and
> | > they're gonna help you."
> |
> | I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in America.
> |

>    Perhaps the worst thing about Trump is that
> his arrival has made many liberals as batty as
> seething right-wingers. Can't you spam in a
> political group where people want to discuss it?

Nah, I like to make sure Ron is still around.

<http://www.gocomics.com/jimmorin>

On 3/16/2017 7:45 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in
>>> America. 😲
>>>
>>> Doesn't California have stricter requirements? Maybe that's why cars
>>> aren't manufactured there.
>>>
>>> Like the quote about not needing friends abroad. People there really are
>>> going to think we are stupid.
>>>
>>> http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-expected-announce-rollback-auto-emissions-regulations-michigan/story?id=46133053

>>> http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/epa-roll-back-chemical-plant-safety-rules/story?id=46129635
>>>

>> Yes, and the reason indicates the bill needs more thinking, as it
>> required companies to submit a report of what materials they had that
>> could be explosive, and detail where they were stored, and how much,
>> and the reports weren't classified.  Sometimes a bill is rejected for
>> good reasons.  We can make distance laws about such things, without
>> going overboard.  Right now, there is one a few miles from here that
>> is no more than a block from an elementary school.  Other things, like
>> blast deflectors, can make these plants safer, without closing down
>> plants that employ a large number of workers, and make essential
>> chemicals.
>>

> And those companies are going to voluntarily do the work to make the
> plants safer? Sorry, that would cost money and reduce our profits.

No.  Accidents, and explosions are VERY EXPENSIVE.  Ask the family owned
company from West, Tx. about that!  And the people who worked there!  If
they rebuild, you can bet safety will be 'job one'.  Most companies
realize that such things inevitably happen if they don't take steps to
prevent it.
I have a nephew who teaches safety, and plant operations for a Jr.
College near Texas City, Tx.  He worked a long time for chemical plants,
and they were instrumental in setting up the courses, and getting him to
dust off his degree, and teach it.  Not all companies are as
shortsighted as the government.

On 3/16/2017 8:04 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 3/16/17 8:30 AM, Mayayana wrote:
>> "WaltS48" <[hidden email]> wrote

>> | I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in America.
>> |

>>    Perhaps the worst thing about Trump is that
>> his arrival has made many liberals as batty as
>> seething right-wingers. Can't you spam in a
>> political group where people want to discuss it?
>>

> Nah, I like to make sure Ron is still around.
>
> <http://www.gocomics.com/jimmorin>

You know the old saying that if both side don't like you, you are doing
something right?  Well Trump must be doing something right, because both
parties, AND the media, don't like him, and for ONE SIMPLE REASON.
He owes THEM nothing.  He isn't under they control.  And when he has
something say, he takes it directly to the people through social media.
Now let's see if he has the staying power to actually get the job done.
It's a BIG swamp that needs to drained, and the gators ain't gonna like it!

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Wolf K.
On 2017-03-16 11:08, Ron Hunter wrote:
[...]
> You know the old saying that if both side don't like you, you are doing
> something right?  Well Trump must be doing something right, because both
> parties, AND the media, don't like him, and for ONE SIMPLE REASON.
> He owes THEM nothing.  He isn't under they control.  And when he has
> something say, he takes it directly to the people through social media.
> Now let's see if he has the staying power to actually get the job done.
> It's a BIG swamp that needs to drained, and the gators ain't gonna like it!

Trump isn't draining the swamp. He's bringing in bigger and meaner
alligators.

PS: we were in Texas in November, had a great time, as usual. :-)

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: Making America Polluted Again

caver1-5
On 03/16/2017 11:08 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 3/16/2017 8:04 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 3/16/17 8:30 AM, Mayayana wrote:
>>> "WaltS48" <[hidden email]> wrote

>>>     Perhaps the worst thing about Trump is that
>>> his arrival has made many liberals as batty as
>>> seething right-wingers. Can't you spam in a
>>> political group where people want to discuss it?
>>>

>> Nah, I like to make sure Ron is still around.
>>
>> <http://www.gocomics.com/jimmorin>
>>
> You know the old saying that if both side don't like you, you are doing
> something right?  Well Trump must be doing something right, because both
> parties, AND the media, don't like him, and for ONE SIMPLE REASON.
> He owes THEM nothing.  He isn't under they control.  And when he has
> something say, he takes it directly to the people through social media.
> Now let's see if he has the staying power to actually get the job done.
> It's a BIG swamp that needs to drained, and the gators ain't gonna like it!

I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists,
and such.
Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.

--
Caver1

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Frank-32
On 3/16/2017 11:04 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 3/16/2017 7:45 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Yes, and the reason indicates the bill needs more thinking, as it
>>> required companies to submit a report of what materials they had that
>>> could be explosive, and detail where they were stored, and how much,
>>> and the reports weren't classified.  Sometimes a bill is rejected for
>>> good reasons.  We can make distance laws about such things, without
>>> going overboard.  Right now, there is one a few miles from here that
>>> is no more than a block from an elementary school.  Other things, like
>>> blast deflectors, can make these plants safer, without closing down
>>> plants that employ a large number of workers, and make essential
>>> chemicals.
>>>

>> And those companies are going to voluntarily do the work to make the
>> plants safer? Sorry, that would cost money and reduce our profits.
>>
> No.  Accidents, and explosions are VERY EXPENSIVE.  Ask the family owned
> company from West, Tx. about that!  And the people who worked there!  If
> they rebuild, you can bet safety will be 'job one'.  Most companies
> realize that such things inevitably happen if they don't take steps to
> prevent it.
> I have a nephew who teaches safety, and plant operations for a Jr.
> College near Texas City, Tx.  He worked a long time for chemical plants,
> and they were instrumental in setting up the courses, and getting him to
> dust off his degree, and teach it.  Not all companies are as
> shortsighted as the government.

True.  It was like that  when I worked for DuPont.  I was at a PA farm
show and the guy at the Pioneer Seed booth was complaining about
DuPont's buying Pioneer Seed and inflicting all these safety issues on
them.  Farming is a very dangerous industry.  Chemical industry is
generally safe.

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Disaster Master
On Thu Mar 16 2017 11:34:46 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists,
> and such.
> Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.

Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' - they are the
ones actually in control of the government, the ones who remain
regardless of who is President or in Congress.

On 03/16/2017 03:13 PM, Disaster Master wrote:

> On Thu Mar 16 2017 11:34:46 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists,
>> and such.
>> Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.
>
> Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' - they are the
> ones actually in control of the government, the ones who remain
> regardless of who is President or in Congress.

By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is
just fake news.

--
Caver1

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Disaster Master
On Thu Mar 16 2017 15:45:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 03/16/2017 03:13 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' - they are the
>> ones actually in control of the government, the ones who remain
>> regardless of who is President or in Congress.
>>
> By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
> Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is
> just fake news.

Those in power love seeing the sheep bleet their ignorance.

The deep state is very real, and very heavily entrenched. I doubt Trump
can clean it out, Kennedy tried and look what it got him.

On 03/16/2017 04:01 PM, Disaster Master wrote:

> On Thu Mar 16 2017 15:45:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 03/16/2017 03:13 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>>> Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' - they are the
>>> ones actually in control of the government, the ones who remain
>>> regardless of who is President or in Congress.
>>>
>> By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
>> Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is
>> just fake news.
>
> Those in power love seeing the sheep bleet their ignorance.
>
> The deep state is very real, and very heavily entrenched. I doubt Trump
> can clean it out, Kennedy tried and look what it got him.

You really are a conspiracy theorist aren't you.

--
Caver1

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Disaster Master
On Thu Mar 16 2017 16:24:28 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/16/2017 04:01 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Thu Mar 16 2017 15:45:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>> By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
>>> Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is
>>> just fake news.
>> Those in power love seeing the sheep bleet their ignorance.
>>
>> The deep state is very real, and very heavily entrenched. I doubt Trump
>> can clean it out, Kennedy tried and look what it got him.
>>
> You really are a conspiracy theorist aren't you.

Seriously? You think the existence of the deep state is a conspiracy theory?

Sad little sheep...

Re: Making America Polluted Again

GérardJan
On 03/16/2017 09:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 03/16/2017 04:01 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Thu Mar 16 2017 15:45:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>> By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
>>> Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is
>>> just fake news.
>>
>> Those in power love seeing the sheep bleet their ignorance.
>>
>> The deep state is very real, and very heavily entrenched. I doubt Trump
>> can clean it out, Kennedy tried and look what it got him.
>>

> You really are a conspiracy theorist aren't you.

+1

--
Gérard Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

On 3/16/2017 10:34 AM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 03/16/2017 11:08 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> Nah, I like to make sure Ron is still around.
>>>
>>> <http://www.gocomics.com/jimmorin>
>>>
>> You know the old saying that if both side don't like you, you are doing
>> something right?  Well Trump must be doing something right, because both
>> parties, AND the media, don't like him, and for ONE SIMPLE REASON.
>> He owes THEM nothing.  He isn't under they control.  And when he has
>> something say, he takes it directly to the people through social media.
>> Now let's see if he has the staying power to actually get the job done.
>> It's a BIG swamp that needs to drained, and the gators ain't gonna
>> like it!
>>

> I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists, and such.
> Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.

If they are part of the problem, then they need to be gotten out also.
It is clear that someone is leaking information to the news media, and
that person, or persons, needs to be identified, and removed from the scene.

Re: Making America Polluted Again

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Caver1 graced us with on 3/16/2017
12:45 PM:

> On 03/16/2017 03:13 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Thu Mar 16 2017 11:34:46 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists,
>>> and such.
>>> Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.
>>
>> Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' - they are the
>> ones actually in control of the government, the ones who remain
>> regardless of who is President or in Congress.
>
> By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
> Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is just fake news.

Deep state/shadow government is real and has been around for many
administrations. If you agree that the swamp consists of pols and
lobbyists (which I do) then it makes more sense than not to believe that
those mover/shakers hadn't made sure that key people within the
bureaucracy were selected based on their ability to keep the inertia of
the ship of state moving in a predisposed direction through machinations
behind the scenes.

Anyway, both uber-corrupt Hillary and selfish Narcissist-in-Chief Trump
were terribly offered choices. Regrettably, we've been getting the
government we deserve since the 70s and I'm beginning to more
intellectually understand why the 500BC Athenian philosophers riled
against democracy and their pending doom from the Peloponnesian War.

--
Sailfish

On 3/16/17 5:01 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 3/16/2017 10:34 AM, Caver1 wrote:

>>> You know the old saying that if both side don't like you, you are doing
>>> something right?  Well Trump must be doing something right, because
>>> both
>>> parties, AND the media, don't like him, and for ONE SIMPLE REASON.
>>> He owes THEM nothing.  He isn't under they control.  And when he has
>>> something say, he takes it directly to the people through social media.
>>> Now let's see if he has the staying power to actually get the job done.
>>> It's a BIG swamp that needs to drained, and the gators ain't gonna
>>> like it!
>>>

>> I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists, and such.
>> Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.
>>
> If they are part of the problem, then they need to be gotten out also.
> It is clear that someone is leaking information to the news media, and
> that person, or persons, needs to be identified, and removed from the
> scene.

I still want to know why cars couldn't be made in the USA because of
CAFE. Donald said so, so it must be true.